2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
That's as bad a call as you will ever see. Inexcusable officiating and Butler did zero to deserve that call on that play.

Agreed. The "give Butler the ball and hope for the best" end of game strategy doesn't seem to be too great.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Honestly, that call was consistent with the garbage fouls in the modern NBA.

I hated the foul called on Taj when he blocked IT. My first thought was that would never be called in the 80s and 90s.

Typical Bulls...beat a couple good teams after getting routed by Suns. That said, they should have beat Houston on that road trip as well. Had they not totally blown it in that Suns game, I'd have called that road trip pretty successful. It is who they are/have been under Hoiberg. I don't remember the exact stat, but I think I heard someone say that since Hoiberg has been coach the Bulls have more wins against winning teams than all but like 5 teams in the NBA or something like that. Yet we have had what, like the 15/16th most wins in the league.

For example, this year, only Golden State has more wins against .500 or better teams in the NBA this year. Bulls are tied with Cleveland, Memphis and San Antonio.

Buckets was on 1st take. I can't say enough how much I love Jimmy Buckets. Epitome of the 90 style basketball that I hold dearly in my heart. Guy has worked his tail off and I want to see the Bulls win it all with him. I love everything about Buckets!!! Maybe these comments will help everyone understand why I am so anti-trading Jimmy. I absolutely adore him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
Buckets was on 1st take. I can't say enough how much I love Jimmy Buckets. Epitome of the 90 style basketball that I hold dearly in my heart. Guy has worked his tail off and I want to see the Bulls win it all with him. I love everything about Buckets!!! Maybe these comments will help everyone understand why I am so anti-trading Jimmy. I absolutely adore him.

Dude, jason, you're my guy. BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. How many times do I have to say this? Butler is arguably the 6th best player AT HIS OWN POSITION. So that's ignoring guys like Harden, Westbrook, Curry, etc. You have to entertain offers for Butler or be content with winning 44 games and getting bounced in round 1 or 2.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:27 AM)
Dude, jason, you're my guy. BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. How many times do I have to say this? Butler is arguably the 6th best player AT HIS OWN POSITION. So that's ignoring guys like Harden, Westbrook, Curry, etc. You have to entertain offers for Butler or be content with winning 44 games and getting bounced in round 1 or 2.

Lol, no.

Even if he is the 6th best, how many of the players above him do you feel have legitimate shots at winning the championship? Does Westbrook make it out of the first round? Hardens rockets havent really done much in the playoffs. Are they all trade bait because people like Lebron and Curry stand in their way?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:31 AM)
Lol, no.

LeBron, Durant, Leonard. Those are automatic. Then you've got Greek Freak and Paul George, Nobody outside of the biggest Bulls homer would take Butler over greek freak. only Butler/george is an argument.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Even if he is the 6th best, how many of the players above him do you feel have legitimate shots at winning the championship? Does Westbrook make it out of the first round? Hardens rockets havent really done much in the playoffs. Are they all trade bait because people like Lebron and Curry stand in their way?

So what are you saying? Keep Butler and be content with 7th seeds? LeBron won't be around forever.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)

It's a nonsensical position because even Lebron can't win a title without other all-star quality talent. It makes zero sense to trade one All-Star caliber player for a bunch of average NBA players and picks that may never pan out.

If you have one superstar/borderline superstar, you add to the roster, you don't trade him away or let him go. See: Denver, Orlando, Minnesota, Phoenix, etc.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)
LeBron, Durant, Leonard. Those are automatic. Then you've got Greek Freak and Paul George, Nobody outside of the biggest Bulls homer would take Butler over greek freak. only Butler/george is an argument.

So what are you saying? Keep Butler and be content with 7th seeds? LeBron won't be around forever.

Would you agree that Cristiano Felicio has the potential to be a generational talent?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)

Come on man, you are famous here for declaring championships already taken, nobody else has a chance. Now you are all about planning for a future without lebron and lets trade Jimmy and *hope* that the return equals and -maybe- exceeds what Butler is? There is zero guarantee that this draft pans out like people think it will. Teams that go down that road dont always end up coming back up quickly, and in many cases end up like Philly for the last 5 years, multiple top 5 picks. Nothing.

And at the same time people who want Jimmy traded are asking the same guys that built this THING that we are watching to turn around and build it back up to a respectable level. Everything about trading Butler is sketchy to me

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
Come on man, you are famous here for declaring championships already taken, nobody else has a chance. Now you are all about planning for a future without lebron and lets trade Jimmy and *hope* that the return equals and -maybe- exceeds what Butler is? There is zero guarantee that this draft pans out like people think it will. Teams that go down that road dont always end up coming back up quickly, and in many cases end up like Philly for the last 5 years, multiple top 5 picks. Nothing.

And at the same time people who want Jimmy traded are asking the same guys that built this THING that we are watching to turn around and build it back up to a respectable level. Everything about trading Butler is sketchy to me

No, wrong. All the guys for philly kept getting hurt. If noel, Embiid and simmons don't get hurt they're already challenging cleveland for the east title. and that's with making a terrible okafor over unicorn pick. the sixers have the right philosophy. just gotta get it right. but that said, i don't trust the bulls to get it right even if they went that route so 7th seeds it is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
No, wrong. All the guys for philly kept getting hurt. If noel, Embiid and simmons don't get hurt they're already challenging cleveland for the east title. and that's with making a terrible okafor over unicorn pick. the sixers have the right philosophy. just gotta get it right. but that said, i don't trust the bulls to get it right even if they went that route so 7th seeds it is.

Yep, add that one to the list of outrageous statements.

By the way, how are the T'Wolves doing? Weren't they the Sixers of the West? Wiggins, LaVine, Dunn, Thibs. Primed for the future. How'd that work out?

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

Dude, Embiid and Noel CAME OUT OF THE DRAFT INJURED. You cant say "if they didnt get injured" when they already were.

I cant argue with a bunch of ifs and maybes that you are throwing at me. All i know is any sort of rebuilding decision should come from whoever replaces Gar and Pax, or at the very least Gar.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
Dude, Embiid and Noel CAME OUT OF THE DRAFT INJURED. You cant say "if they didnt get injured" when they already were.

I cant argue with a bunch of ifs and maybes that you are throwing at me. All i know is any sort of rebuilding decision should come from whoever replaces Gar and Pax, or at the very least Gar.

ok fair enough. so are you saying they don't get noel through trade or embiid at #3 if they had been healthy i can agree with that. so leave philly out of it then because we don't know. i do know they could've had unicorn to pair with simmons. i'm sorry. give me the chance of that over butler leading us to 7th seeds. the talent pool worldwide is greater than it's ever been. we've got butler going #30 and guys like IT, Jokic and Draymond going in the 2nd round.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)

I have said that if the Bulls got the right offer (which would be all of the Nets picks / right to swap picks with the Nets, plus other assets from Boston...then I'll consider it).

Pump the breaks, yo. Nerlens Noel is a dinosaur in today's NBA. His kind is extinct.

Embiid is awesome, but he's basically DeMarcus Cousins 2.0.

Simmons would be a rookie PG this year. Challenging LeBron and Co? Not so much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
Ya, I'd much prefer the Bulls would have lost that game but even if he brushed his elbow(which I think he did) then that's a foul.

Honestly I though both the foul for Butler and the foul for Thomas were typical NBA garbage that star players get (well except for DRose). Neither were that surprising, nor major.