2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
I enjoyed the first game, I really did, but it is so hard for me to genuinely like this team when I know I have hated them the entire season. I have hated the coaching, their attitude, the FO, ownership, the trades made, the trades they didnt make, the inconsistency, the effort, the style of play, the media relations, and everything in between.

My fan sensibility is telling me to buy in like I always do and be behind them all out but I feel like I need to draw the line this time.

I'm in the same boat, however, playing the spoiler to Boston trumps all that.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the first game, I really did, but it is so hard for me to genuinely like this team when I know I have hated them the entire season. I have hated the coaching, their attitude, the FO, ownership, the trades made, the trades they didnt make, the inconsistency, the effort, the style of play, the media relations, and everything in between.

My fan sensibility is telling me to buy in like I always do and be behind them all out but I feel like I need to draw the line this time.

That's fair. I do not feel invested, like, at all. The last offseason just completely detached me from the bulls, who were very likely my most followed team which is now clear and away the white sox.

But I will say, they became more likeable in the last 15 or so games of the season when Hoiberg put Rondo back in charge and Niko and they benched the force feeding of morrow/payne/etc.

I will say that Rose trade was pretty good in retrospect. The money not saved which I was pissed at was negligible and would not matter, and Grant and Rolo are two NBA players, which is possibly more than you can say about Rose now.

I will give credit where it's due - once Fred started defying Gar, he has looked like a much better coach.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)
4? I know you ain't sayin' Rondo is a HOF?

I'm going to guess he meant the heat but even then Bosh is unlikely at this point of his struggles.

Maybe there is some walking corpse veteran they had on their bench I forgot about that could be HOF.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
I'm going to guess he meant the heat but even then Bosh is unlikely at this point of his struggles.

Maybe there is some walking corpse veteran they had on their bench I forgot about that could be HOF.

11 All Stars and multiple rings. Not sure there is a doubt with him, even if his playing days were cut short.

I love(d) Chris Bosh as a player but never crossed my mind that he's a a Hall of Famer. That said, I have much higher standards for the HoF than most it seems cause I feel that way about a lot of people that get brought up in the discussion.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)
I love(d) Chris Bosh as a player but never crossed my mind that he's a a Hall of Famer. That said, I have much higher standards for the HoF than most it seems cause I feel that way about a lot of people that get brought up in the discussion.

Yeah, I would be surprised if Bosh isn't first ballot. Him being in the hall isn't even in question at this point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
That's fair. I do not feel invested, like, at all. The last offseason just completely detached me from the bulls, who were very likely my most followed team which is now clear and away the white sox.

But I will say, they became more likeable in the last 15 or so games of the season when Hoiberg put Rondo back in charge and Niko and they benched the force feeding of morrow/payne/etc.

I will say that Rose trade was pretty good in retrospect. The money not saved which I was pissed at was negligible and would not matter, and Grant and Rolo are two NBA players, which is possibly more than you can say about Rose now.

I agree with most of your sentiments...that said, I very much enjoy watching Butler play. When I watch him, I think about how much he's grown, etc...and how he keeps getting better. I wish we could surround him with some worthwhile pieces. Hopefully they can figure something out...the thing that irritated me more then anything was the fact that we don't have any real pieces to cheer for who have a long-term future with this club. What is funny is...if this team had missed the playoffs for like 5 straight years...everyone would have been fired up...in some cases...how pschyed/dissapointed you get about a club partly depends on the previous successes and after a good run where the arch seemed to be pointed up, at least if you wore "Rose" colored glasses...you could have seen paths to the championship and now we are this team whose only path is to rebuild (which could make things worse...who knows...but it does give a clean start) or you build via FA / trade (around Jimmy B) and that may make you nothing more then a 4-6 seed..who knows.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)

By NBA HOF standards, Chris Bosh is a HOFer. Baseball HOF...probably not, cause he was never truly "elite". Different standards in the NBA though, imo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
By NBA HOF standards, Chris Bosh is a HOFer. Baseball HOF...probably not, cause he was never truly "elite". Different standards in the NBA though, imo.

I know he's going to get in. In Rowand standards he isn't a HoFer and like I said, I'm a big fan of the guy.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
I know he's going to get in. In Rowand standards he isn't a HoFer and like I said, I'm a big fan of the guy.

We agree...I view HOF as reserved for elite players and Bosh wasn't that, imo.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
I love how hoiberg rewards Portis huge game and mirotic atrocious play by playing mirotic even more

I support it. Portis looked like crap in his minutes. 3 fouls including a tech. Niko was/is hitting shots and rebounding