2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Honestly me neither. Boston Lakers. Team like Utah could pony up but doubt they could keep him.

Won't be the Lakers. For the Lakers to do it, they are giving up Ingram/Russell and possibly Randle as well (maybe they keep Clarkson). At that point, I don't know what good that Lakers team even is. Their whole plan should be to surround its young players with other stars to have a good team. If all you have is Clarskon and Westbrook, you are going to be really brutal.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
You will be unsurprised to hear that The Ringer NBA podcast can't see a team that makes more sense than the Celtics.

41af1c0f05f9c6e1b0b4f789214454d9.png

To be fair, they do make the most sense.

I don't see why. They're still not a great team. They have a bunch of assets, but unless he's willing to commit long term, Boston won't use them. Are they closer than a team like LA? Sure, but they also aren't in LA, which is where Westbrook wants to be.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
I don't see why. They're still not a great team. They have a bunch of assets, but unless he's willing to commit long term, Boston won't use them. Are they closer than a team like LA? Sure, but they also aren't in LA, which is where Westbrook wants to be.

If Boston can get him by giving up this years top pick plus their future pick and one player, I can absolutely see why they do it as they are trying to contend now and after getting Horford they are the 2nd best team in the East, imo. The addition of Westbrook would definitely make them more interesting as well. On an unrelated note, I presume any team that gets Rus is going to make him sign an extension or they won't do the deal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
Denzel Valentine is a baller. He traveled all day there, but the kid has ice water in his veins. Good pick, Bulls - and fun-ass game! That Summer League game was more fun than any MLB game. #bulls #nba

He is a good bball player. I like that he's now on my team instead of watching him kill us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
Where are the rumors at? Anyone trustworthy?

Looks like it all grew from this bullsh*t.

Into more bullsh*t.

And even more bullsh*t.

Listen, if it's not being discussed on Reddit or anywhere remotely trustworthy, it's not happening.

And yes, that means I'm looking at you, ChristianToday.com.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)
Looks like it all grew from this bullsh*t.

Into more bullsh*t.

And even more bullsh*t.

Listen, if it's not being discussed on Reddit or anywhere remotely trustworthy, it's not happening.

And yes, that means I'm looking at you, ChristianToday.com.

That's what I was guessing. The NBA is the worst when it comes to garbage rumors.