2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Ehhhh

More like complete lack of self-awareness or his current stature in the league. Rose compared Melo, Rose, Porzingas to Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green. That is complete lack of awareness.

Dumb s*** like this plays better in the GOP v LIB arguments in another forum. This is pretty cut and dry.

c14.jpg

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
From how readily Joakim Noah followed him and the way his teammates spoke about him, yeah, I'm going to say he was supporting his teammates.

Yup. Been like that since he was a Simeon star.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Why I would feel a small bit of excitement reading about DWades press conference today makes me feel so stupid.

I see what you mean. It maybe a trainwreck but seeing such a different roster will be at least interesting.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
I wonder what someone like Shaq would do today. I wish big men would develop in college for a few years.

Very off topic, but I'm watching that Magic 30 for 30. Apologies.... I feel like greg

He'd be the Shaq you saw during his time except he'd be forced to actually take care of his body and not use half the season to get in shape as he did most of his Laker years. Bigs have much more defensive responsibility than previous eras.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
He'd be the Shaq you saw during his time except he'd be forced to actually take care of his body and not use half the season to get in shape as he did most of his Laker years. Bigs have much more defensive responsibility than previous eras.

Orlando Shaq wasn't peak Shaq, but he could run the floor with the best of them at that point. Imagine Draymond trying to guard him..

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
Orlando Shaq wasn't peak Shaq, but he could run the floor with the best of them at that point. Imagine Draymond trying to guard him..

Yeah, that's a losing proposition. Though zone principles would help a little. At the end of the day, Shaq had no game outside of 5 feet and was a really bad ft shooter. So his ppg wouldn't look any different than it was during his time. Hakeem? Now that's a different story. He'd likely be better than he was during his time if he played today.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
Yeah, that's a losing proposition. Though zone principles would help a little. At the end of the day, Shaq had no game outside of 5 feet and was a really bad ft shooter. So his ppg wouldn't look any different than it was during his time. Hakeem? Now that's a different story. He'd likely be better than he was during his time if he played today.

I don't think either of their stats would be that much better, but he would completely collapse defenses now. I think Hakeem would be so valuable due to his a ability to switch and be a rim protector. Him and the Admiral are suited for today.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
I don't think either of their stats would be that much better, but he would completely collapse defenses now. I think Hakeem would be so valuable due to his a ability to switch and be a rim protector. Him and the Admiral are suited for today.

I agree completely. They were way ahead of their time defensively.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Hakeem would be putting up GOAT numbers if he played in this era.

He was a generation ahead of his time with his mid range game and his passing skills. If he played today, I am sure he would have a 3 point shot too.

Wow - LBJ signing 3 year deal with Cavs. Means he will not be a FA next off-season. Kind of surprised. I presumed he could keep doing his whole opt-out thing to maximize his contract. Surprised he didn't. I'm sure he will opt out in two years but still, Cleveland finally has a year where they can truly breath easy.