2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 30, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
You guys are extremely over estimating the thinking capacity of one Ryan Lochte. Degree or not (I am sure he really "earned" that degree) the guy is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

He had to do something to earn that degree, even as an athlete. Rose couldnt even get into college himself. He's a f***ing dolt.

Quotes from Ryan Lochte....

1. “These are my shoes that I designed from top to the very sole to the very top to the bottom. Laces.”

2. “I’ve talked in front of … like… a lot of big business people about stuff I didn’t even know.”

3. “One of my favorite movies: What Women Want.”

4. “It’s spelled J-E-A-H. If you say it like how it’s spelled it’s ‘jee-ah.’ But, that’s boring; no one wants to hear that. So you have to really put that emphatis [sic] on that ‘J.’ And then the ‘A-H’ kinda just flows.”

5. “That’s the quickest way to my heart: Laughter.”

6. “One time I really had to go, man, and I was up in the next heat. So I got up on the blocks and I just started peeing in my Speedo. On top of the blocks. And I had my goggles on and started crying because I thought everyone behind me was looking at me and laughing. The starter said ‘Swimmers, take your marks, go.’ I took off. I don’t even know if I did the right stroke. I think that was probably the only time I’ve ever been nervous before a race.”

7. Either Lochte (or the producer who came up with it) should be punched for calling his group of friends the “Lochterage” (rhymes with entourage).

8. “One thing I won’t do: I won’t give up on love.”

9. “The key to the Lochte haircut is being fresh and looking up-to-date.”

10. “Something will pop up in my head. It could be like the weirdest thing. Like all’a sudden like I have like a jumping banana in my head. And I stop and pause. I’m like that damn jumping banana is in my head. Like, I don’t know what’s going on.”

11. “You know what? Ryan Lochte is a pretty good speechmaker.”

These are just funny, especially when imagining him saying them.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 30, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
I'd legit go with Lochte

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Yeah thats not even much of a contest really. Lochte actually has a college degree

Lochte is smart, just a pompous entitled douche. Rose, is a legitimate moron.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 12:02 AM)
8 weeks out?

Welcome to the era of the injury for anybody taller than 6-5. Players play year-round. It's bound to break those bones in the feet at some point. Those knees get awfully brittle as well from all the over-use.

Look people. Kids should play several sports, but instead they specialize and that means year-round pounding on the knees and feet. Oh for the days when kids played football in the fall, then basketball, then baseball. Now it's AAU, baby.

Really enjoying the storylines in the NBA this year.

Durant going to the unstoppable Warriors, will they succeed? Such an amazingly fun team to watch.

The legacy of LeBron James continues.

The Chicago Bulls have a new look roster, what can we expect? I expect great things (by great, I mean playoff bound).

The NY Knicks have a crazy team. Noah / Rose / Carmello / Porz is an interesting squad to say the least.

Is it the Boston Celtics time again? What a roster they have put together. So many young players as well.

What will the 76ers do with all the talent in the world and no experience/playing time. They need to make a deal or two?

The LA Lakers after Kobe Bryant, will Russell take the next big step?

Where's Rudy Gay going?

Spurs continue their boring greatness with Gasol / Kawhi / LMA / Parker, etc.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)

Durant going to the unstoppable Warriors, will they succeed? Such an amazingly fun team to watch.

The Chicago Bulls have a new look roster, what can we expect? I expect great things (by great, I mean playoff bound).

The NY Knicks have a crazy team. Noah / Rose / Carmello / Porz is an interesting squad to say the least.

Is it the Boston Celtics time again? What a roster they have put together. So many young players as well.

What will the 76ers do with all the talent in the world and no experience/playing time. They need to make a deal or two?

Where's Rudy Gay going?

Not that I have been excited about NBA basketball in a long time, but with the retirement of so many great players, combined with the Bulls being pretty uninteresting and the movement of Durant to GS, I can't recall being less excited for an NBA season in forever.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)

Where's Rudy Gay going?

I wish the Clippers had the assets to land him without giving up any of their core pieces. Clippers with Gay could definitely run with GS. Otherwise the west is completely a foregone conclusion. Klay Thompson as your third option? My goodness. This dude dropped 37 in a quarter and he's your THIRD option.

Edited by Jordan4life

Not that I have been excited about NBA basketball in a long time, but with the retirement of so many great players, combined with the Bulls being pretty uninteresting and the movement of Durant to GS, I can't recall being less excited for an NBA season in forever.

Indeed, to each their own. I know I will be loving the GSW games when Curry is hitting three pointers from nearly half court and all the defense is on Durant! That offense has a chance to be historic.