2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
Simmons is gonna eat people.

He's going to need a really good coach though to maximize his talents. He does get trapped a lot and then still tries to make the exotic pass. It needs to be him taking the ball down the court on transitions but not a huge amount of his possessions. There was a point in the game where he got stopped by a 6ft guard 7 feet from hoop and he was just looking around to pass it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Tim Duncan officially retiring. Happy trails to one of the greatest.

Does it as classy and unflashy as usual. Wouldn't expect anything less from Timmy and his professionalism. Great PF ever, no question.

I'm bout to be "that guy"

Probably a good 60% of people singing Tim Duncan's praises everywhere right now were people who spent 10+ years derisively talking about how "boring" the Spurs were, and only started giving the Spurs proper respect when they beat Miami that year (and had come close the year before).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)

Such a weird quote:

"The police department is not confirming any arrest with that name," said Lt. Scott Wrigglesworth, the East Lansing police department Public Information Officer. "What I can confirm is that we did arrest a current NBA basketball player this weekend and he was arrested for assault. That's all we're confirming right now."

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)

Probably a good 60% of people singing Tim Duncan's praises everywhere right now were people who spent 10+ years derisively talking about how "boring" the Spurs were, and only started giving the Spurs proper respect when they beat Miami that year (and had come close the year before).

Those two teams though were quite different. They did speed up pace, they did amp up passing. They did just use to slow the game down to a crawl and use their fantastic defense to their advantage. It was boring.

But also, it was insane to watch this 38 year old man go out and give you 16/10 every night, and still have playoffs where he dominated. More than that, to watch a guy that was absolutely the face of the franchise so gracefully bring in other teammates and stars without any drama.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Those two teams though were quite different. They did speed up pace, they did amp up passing. They did just use to slow the game down to a crawl and use their fantastic defense to their advantage. It was boring.

But also, it was insane to watch this 38 year old man go out and give you 16/10 every night, and still have playoffs where he dominated. More than that, to watch a guy that was absolutely the face of the franchise so gracefully bring in other teammates and stars without any drama.

I'm not giving these people that much credit. They don't know the difference, they were still saying that s*** in 2013.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Such a weird quote:

"The police department is not confirming any arrest with that name," said Lt. Scott Wrigglesworth, the East Lansing police department Public Information Officer. "What I can confirm is that we did arrest a current NBA basketball player this weekend and he was arrested for assault. That's all we're confirming right now."

ie. everyone getting their stories straight

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm not giving these people that much credit. They don't know the difference, they were still saying that s*** in 2013.

Ha, well yes those are the same people who now check in on one playoff game and then say the NBA is just a bunch of iso hero ball and how great college is.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
Ha, well yes those are the same people who now check in on one playoff game and then say the NBA is just a bunch of iso hero ball and how great college is.

Yeah, basically, lol.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)

Being one of the few who will admit to loving "boring" basketball, Tim Duncan was an incredible gift to the NBA. The point has never been about how flashy or fun you are, it is to win. Duncan, and the Spurs, did a hell of a lot of that going back to The Admiral too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Being one of the few who will admit to loving "boring" basketball, Tim Duncan was an incredible gift to the NBA. The point has never been about how flashy or fun you are, it is to win. Duncan, and the Spurs, did a hell of a lot of that going back to The Admiral too.

50 or more wins EVERY season of your career sans 1999 for obvious reasons. IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE!!! That just doesn't make any sense to me. What a player and what a career.

I kind of like Dinwiddie. He has been way more impressive than Grant. It's nice having a dleague franchise now to possibly use, though with waivers it's not guaranteed we could store dinwiddie down there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
I kind of like Dinwiddie. He has been way more impressive than Grant. It's nice having a dleague franchise now to possibly use, though with waivers it's not guaranteed we could store dinwiddie down there.

I'm definitely going to hit one of those games this year.