2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
On the Herd today, Nick Wright brought up the idea that if this goes south (meaning the team doesn't mesh and Butler's not happy) Chicago could trade Wade to Cleveland at the deadline.

Believe I said that a page ago. Absolutely. And the cost will be high.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 12:23 AM)

I would love to get Kevin Love somehow. Here's to hoping Love becomes even more of a third wheel and gets undervalued enough to be traded for Wade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 12:23 AM)

Ah. Didn't see it. It was interesting nonetheless. Personally, I hope they gel even though they're an odd trio. Definitely off Rose was dealt, I didn't see this coming.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
I totally forgot about the trouble between Rondo and Wade. Wade supposedly injured Rondo on purpose and the next season Rondo clothselimed Wade in a game. Good luck with that Fred.

When you cheapshot as many people as those guys have, it's probably hard to hold a grudge over one in particular

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 12:55 AM)
Not sure if it was mentioned but the Bulls were in talks with Kings about Rudy Gay before signing Wade.

Only kind of true. They talked...for like 5 minutes. Why that leaked today, Kings are White Soxing the Bulls in an attempt to trade Gay.

“We didn’t want to rebuild where we become possibly a lower-lottery team long term,” Forman said. “We’ve studied the NBA. We’ve studied the history of the NBA. When you make a move to go that direction, it can sometimes take six or seven years to get out. That wasn’t our goal.”

This is a really good "NBA Hell" strategy. Once the shine wears off on the excitement of having a guy popular enough to co-host a national morning show, this is going to be a weird scenario. The Bulls' only true path to a championship is to strike paydirt in FA in one or two years or for Jimmy Butler to become God-better-than-LeBron-status. Obviously the latter isn't happening.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 06:38 AM)
I feel like the Bulls should be the team taking advantage of the issues in Philly where they basically want to give away Jahlil Okafor.

I question "give away" as his most recent trade rumor was 3rd overall pick.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)
They had Phil.

We have Hoiberg now. =\

Exactly what I was thinking. Plus MJ and a team where if they didn't win a championship, it was a bad season. Maybe everything will be fine, but Gar is doing his buddy no favors.