Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays 6/25/16

TheTruth05

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
I hate this team.

When you have 3 starting pitchers, 4 relievers and like 5 hitters that are starting MLB starting caliber.....you are gonna be pretty mediocre. I'm sure the great Hahn will make some more horrible transactions that will be blamed on Kenny

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
Unless cleveland comes back down to reality, no one in the central will catch them. Sox best hope is the wildcard I think. Obviously if cleveland starts to play like everyone thought they would then the sox could make a run at them.

"Everyone thought they would" in a bad context? I think there were a number of people, me included, who thought they were on paper the best team in this division before the season started. If Kluber could get into a groove they could really be scary.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
Boy this pitcher has nothing. Hope he's not a big time prospect.

Well, he once was the mostly highly-touted arm in the Dominican and received the biggest signing bonus (at the time) in history.

So basically, the Joe Borchard of pitching prospects.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 09:13 PM)
His slider might be on par with the best in the game. That last one to K Pillar was stellar

My eyes are telling me it's very easy to pick up the ball out of his hand and his pitches scream, "hit me hard."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
Well, he once was the mostly highly-touted arm in the Dominican and received the biggest signing bonus (at the time) in history.

So basically, the Joe Borchard of pitching prospects.

How did the Sox get him?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 10:13 PM)
The last thing they need to worry about is changing Tim Anderson's position to shoehorn Tyler Saladino into the line-up.

If they want to give him some playing time, let him play 3B (and DH Frazier) or DH.

I would like to see Tyler play more but what we need is a CF'er

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
"Everyone thought they would" in a bad context? I think there were a number of people, me included, who thought they were on paper the best team in this division before the season started. If Kluber could get into a groove they could really be scary.

If anything Kluber has been disappointing. Salazar, Carrasco (when healthy), Tomlin and Bauer have all outperformed expectations, but maybe not their own expectations in CLE.

I guess it's fair to say Tomlin's record, but we could say the same for Mat Latos.

And this is without Brantley, Gomes not being 100%, Almonte/Byrd suspended for PED's and some pretty big holes in their bullpen (including Shaw's struggles in set-up).

Doesn't hurt that they have 5 Top 100 MILB prospects, to boot.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
I think it was in the Shark trade with Oakland?

Yep, supposedly Hahn "insisted" on Ynoa being included or the deal wouldn't have been made (with another A's prospect substituted).

It's just a shame with his health/injury history that Ynoa can't make a legit go at starting. He'd have to develop a more consistent 3rd pitch, but he has two with the FB and slider.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
If anything Kluber has been disappointing. Salazar, Carrasco (when healthy), Tomlin and Bauer have all outperformed expectations, but maybe not their own expectations in CLE.

I guess it's fair to say Tomlin's record, but we could say the same for Mat Latos.

And this is without Brantley, Gomes not being 100%, Almonte/Byrd suspended for PED's and some pretty big holes in their bullpen (including Shaw's struggles in set-up).

Doesn't hurt that they have 5 Top 100 MILB prospects, to boot.

This ♤

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
You don't like to let youngsters develop do you? They should all be hall of fame quality from the get go!

I guess I didn't like what I saw there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
Wasn't there a game a few weeks ago where they set the record for biggest number of solo HR in a single game?

Rockies beat someone 5-3. Every run in game was scored on a solo HR. Total 8. Previous record was 5, I believe.