Chicago White Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays 6/25/16

TheTruth05

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
The crazy thing is we might have been closer (realistically) to contending last season at the end of July than we will be this year.

That one "false" positive hot streak that caused Hahn not to sell off, but not to add, either.

That still pisses me off. We should've either bought or sold, but doing absolutely nothing was simply stupid.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
If we kept Jennings for the 9th this game is probably tied

Hahn's responsibility to fix this bullpen mess.

Before you get to Jones, Duke and Robertson, it's just not major league caliber...unless you're a rebuilding team, that is.

lmao, RV and this bullpen is like dipping a rag in kerosene and giving it to a pyromaniac a long with a pack of matches.

Game was there to win, RV pretended it wasn't for a minute, and that cost them. Yea the pen sucks but that just makes using it smartly even more important.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
First team since 2004 to lose when hitting 7+ HRs

Who was that team? Just wondering.

Sox tied the club record today with seven home runs in a game. Set originally in April 1955 in the Sox 29-6 destruction of the Kansas City A's.

Mark

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
lmao, RV and this bullpen is like dipping a rag in kerosene and giving it to a pyromaniac a long with a pack of matches.

Game was there to win, RV pretended it wasn't for a minute, and that cost them. Yea the pen sucks but that just makes using it smartly even more important.

This.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 04:34 PM)
You're not going to be able to compete with a 5th starter with a 5.17 ERA, Shields as your 4th and quicksand in front of Duke/Jones/Robertson.

Not unless you immediately replace Garcia and Shuck with 800+ OPS hitters.

Tell me what Dan Jennings has done his last 50 appearances that would make him quicksand?

On the bright side Beck looked good. It is laughable some here are blaming Ventura. People were calling for Ynoa yesterday. He was the only reliever to allow runs today.

Coop has done a hell of a job with his rotation.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
On the bright side Beck looked good. It is laughable some here are blaming Ventura. People were calling for Ynoa yesterday. He was the only reliever to allow runs today.

Ventura was given a very short deck today

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)

Coop has done a hell of a job with his rotation.

Nicely done, now you're on Cooper's side, lol.

Fine, Jennings has been pretty good, but he still doesn't 100% have Ventura's trust in games when the Sox are leading or in the 7th/8th innings unless he's already had to use Duke and then game conditions force him to also use Jennings. And the splits don't dictate pitching Jennings as a loogy.

I'm done picking on Ventura. There's no point. Joe McCarthy or Miller Huggins couldn't win the AL Central with this current roster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
The Sox should have runners leading off the bases when they take BP just so they get used to it and hit better with runners on base. 7 solo home runs? Still can't get over that.

Problem is that leads to unnecessary injuries......

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 04:44 PM)
The 4 big name relievers were all unavailable according to Ventura

are you f***ing kidding me? Man the f*** up. It's all hands on deck the rest of the year. This team just really pisses me off. Not sure if RV is covering his own ass but how about challenging your men to step up when guys are hurt in a big mid-summer game?

I honestly question if these guys would p**** foot around like this if RV wasn't such a pushover.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
are you f***ing kidding me? Man the f*** up. It's all hands on deck the rest of the year. This team just really pisses me off. Not sure if RV is covering his own ass but how about challenging your men to step up when guys are hurt in a big mid-summer game?

I honestly question if these guys would p**** foot around like this if RV wasn't such a pushover.

Under Ventura Sox are run like country club not a baseball team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 05:04 PM)
Nicely done, now you're on Cooper's side, lol.

Fine, Jennings has been pretty good, but he still doesn't 100% have Ventura's trust in games when the Sox are leading or in the 7th/8th innings unless he's already had to use Duke and then game conditions force him to also use Jennings. And the splits don't dictate pitching Jennings as a loogy.

I'm done picking on Ventura. There's no point. Joe McCarthy or Miller Huggins couldn't win the AL Central with this current roster.

Dan Jennings, the guy you wanted replaced with Brian Duensing, has a 1.45 ERA his last 56 innings.

Edited by Dick Allen