Hawk & Stoney talk it out, agree to interact more

InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Why don't we just move Mr. Harrelson out of the box permanently.

Since the Sox suck and the FO clearly doesn't want to make things better, I spent my lunch break watching the old archive footage on the MLB youtube channel.

Every big Sox moment of the last 10-15 years, Hawk Harrelson ruined with his stupid act.

Very interesting they made this public. I think personally it all was Hawk's fault. He brings his moods and poor Stoney doesn't dare say a word. Like just now, Hawk said that pop up to Abreu was a tough error call. It was an obvious error, but how can Stoney argue that? Hawk would bite his head off. Maybe the clearing of the air helps but the fact Stoney didn't disagree there I think means he's still scared of Hawk moods. Cmon Hawk, obvious error on Abreu.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 12:40 AM)
Amazing how foghorn sprung back to life after they found someone to replace him.

Great post. You nailed it. Of course he's jealous and feeling the heat. They got a guy who Stoney likes in Jason and you said it, Hawk perks up and says he's REJUVENATED and ready for another season.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
Since the Sox suck and the FO clearly doesn't want to make things better, I spent my lunch break watching the old archive footage on the MLB youtube channel.

Every big Sox moment of the last 10-15 years, Hawk Harrelson ruined with his stupid act.

I've been hoping for Hawk's retirement for years and I know you're just exaggerating for effect, but c'mon. He killed it on Buehrle's perfect game. And... other things too, I'm sure...

Yeah, I don't know that I'd go as far as saying he ruined every good Sox moment of the past 15 years with his act.

Besides, the real Sox moments aren't No-Hitters, Perfect Games, Playoff-related baseball... People praise Vin Scully for shutting up and letting the moment do the talking, but then turn around and s*** on Hawk for doing the same thing. Not his fault that those moments are usually starting-pitching gems that are regularly invalidated by the "offense", or mind-numbing, monumental late inning collapses capped off either by towering home runs or bases-loaded walks that everyone watching the game knows are coming.