ALDS: Red Sox vs. Indians

LittleHurt05

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Price with yet another disappointing performance in the post season.

Doesn't augur well for Kershaw.

For those hoping Dombrowski would come under pressure to make another big move, events are breaking on cue.

Somewhere, Rick Hahn is grinning from ear to ear.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
I don't know...despite these struggles, nothing about their current trajectory screams "desperate" to me.

Boston has a good young core of position players at the MLB level with other coming up (Benintendi, I know hes already up and Moncada). This is why I think a deal for a controllable starter makes sense from their stand point. And its not like its for some guy. It's Sale.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
Boston has a good young core of position players at the MLB level with other coming up (Benintendi, I know hes already up and Moncada). This is why I think a deal for a controllable starter makes sense from their stand point. And its not like its for some guy. It's Sale.

Yeah, I get it. I just don't know that this makes them go for broke with a guy like Sale or Quintana as opposed to something a bit less expensive.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
Yeah, I get it. I just don't know that this makes them go for broke with a guy like Sale or Quintana as opposed to something a bit less expensive.

Sale would be shutting out the Indians right now. Price is utter garbage especially in this year and the his career in the postseason. If people don't believe Sale pitches to the level of team he's on, that would be a huge mistake.

This has to make you really appreciate how good MadBum is. He's so dominant in the postseason. As for the package for either Sale or Q. It's going to be the same and not going to be brought down because I called it months ago that Boston's SP isn't good enough and that Sale will be in Boston in 3 months. Moncada will absolutely be in the package for Sale. Benintendi will headline the Q one if Sale isn't dealt. I want Kopech and Devers in those deals as well.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)

Mid level SP's wouldn't move the needle for them though. They need top flight starters like Sale that can get them big wins in a short postseason series. With Fernandez's passing I don't believe any aces will be on the market besides Sale. No aces in FA either.

If Hahn is patient and holds firm he can clean out their system (Moncada, Benintendi, Kopech, Devers). The Red Sox will lose all the leverage they thought they had - it's make this deal or they will keep coming up short the next 2-3 years. They already tried making the patchwork fixes to their pitching staff this year and it's not working. The Red Sox and White Sox are too good of a match for this deal not to happen. Especially if the Indians sweep them on Sunday.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)

The fan and media pressure in the Boston market makes it a lot harder for them to behave rationally. I think if they blow out in the first round, that will almost force them to make a major splash of some sort.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
Mid level SP's wouldn't move the needle for them though. They need top flight starters like Sale that can get them big wins in a short postseason series. With Fernandez's passing I don't believe any aces will be on the market besides Sale. No aces in FA either.

If Hahn is patient and holds firm he can clean out their system (Moncada, Benintendi, Kopech, Devers). The Red Sox will lose all the leverage they thought they had - it's make this deal or they will keep coming up short the next 2-3 years. They already tried making the patchwork fixes to their pitching staff this year and it's not working. The Red Sox and White Sox are too good of a match for this deal not to happen. Especially if the Indians sweep them on Sunday.

I like how hopeful you are but Boston isn't going to trade those 4 for Sale . Feel free to save what I said and I'd gladly be proven wrong.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
I like how hopeful you are but Boston isn't going to trade those 4 for Sale . Feel free to save what I said and I'd gladly be proven wrong.

Fleece them. Sale is a can't miss talent that is paid peanuts. They need to nut up especially since the Tribe is about sweep their sorry asses out of postseason.

Boston so far has been an incredible disapointment.

Would be funny to see the Indians go all the way. Last year it was the Royals, this year it could be the Indians. Next year, the Tigers. The following year the Twins, and then the White Sox will be ready to take over the game, what is that, year 2019. Not bad.

Anyway, game is 2-0 indians in the 5th. Let's see if Boston can make a come back.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 06:45 PM)
Boston so far has been an incredible disapointment.

Would be funny to see the Indians go all the way. Last year it was the Royals, this year it could be the Indians. Next year, the Tigers. The following year the Twins, and then the White Sox will be ready to take over the game, what is that, year 2019. Not bad.

Anyway, game is 2-0 indians in the 5th. Let's see if Boston can make a come back.

Yeah for having an incredible offense and they can't torch bums like Bauer and Tomlin. Gotta give them a pass on Kluber as he's just really good but David Price? Yikes that guy absolutely blows in the postseason.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
Good lord Boston has been a huge disappointment this post season.

If the White Sox really are going to sell this off season, the dream is to see first round exits by the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Rangers, to add to the Yankees already missing the playoffs