2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't vote for either. I won't tell you who I wrote in. It's my personal choice.

You all know what I think of Hillary. I'm just glad the Clintons are through with politics, though I did kind of like Bill.

Well, I printed all that stuff about what I wanted Hillary to do when I conceded. Now I pray Trump does these things ...

-- He's getting rid of Obamacare. I hope he figures out a way to lower the f***ing costs. It's ridiculous

-- Like I said about Hillary, he'll be fine with foreign affairs. Nobody can control the nutjobs running some other countries.

-- The economy. Trump is gonna copy Brownback's strategy which has ruined Kansas. Hmmm. We shall see if he can fix the economy.

-- Hire good people. Trump as a traditional ruthless businessman knows a lot of people. Can he delegate and let some impressive motherf***ers fix the economy? Trump's only chance for success is to hire good people. He "might."

Just as I concluded by wishing Hillary good luck I wish Trump good luck. We are Americans and I think most of us are SICK of being broke and sick of the economy sucking eggs.

Bad night for our country? Yes of course. We elected a reality TV star. Will it work? I doubt it. But again ... to the Trump haters do you recognize there is at least a CHANCE he could hire some good people??

I am so sad right now. All the progress of the last 8 years goes out the window. The LGTB community will no longer be able to wed whom they please, abortions will be illegal again, those who can't afford healthcare and/or have pre-existing conditions will be turned away, any chance at gun legislation is gone. Instead of having democratic control of anything, the behind-the-times Republican Party is set to undo it all. I have no hope for the country right now, and I'm really sad and disappointed about having to raise a daughter here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:23 AM)
I am so sad right now. All the progress of the last 8 years goes out the window. The LGTB community will no longer be able to wed whom they please, abortions will be illegal again, those who can't afford healthcare and/or have pre-existing conditions will be turned away, any chance at gun legislation is gone. Instead of having democratic control of anything, the behind-the-times Republican Party is set to undo it all. I have no hope for the country right now, and I'm really sad and disappointed about having to raise a daughter here.

That, and nothing will be done about global warming in the next four years.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:23 AM)

I'd bet a lot that none of this changes. You're not getting more gun restrictions on a federal level but you weren't going to get that anyway.

People need to breath. This is exactly how Republicans thought about Obama. He didn't destroy the country/world.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
I'd bet a lot that none of this changes. You're not getting more gun restrictions on a federal level hut you weren't going to get that anyway.

People need to breath. This is exactly how Republicans thought about Obama. He didn't destroy the country/world.

Colleague on twitter:

If you are a straight white cis able-bodied American, you don't get to tell anyone who isn't that they're overreacting to the news today.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
This is what the Democratic party believed and this is why they lost. The results pretty clearly say that.

And anyone who isn't white, healthy, christian, and cis-gendered is considered broken. Hence why you don't get to tell them not to panic today, because we're ok with that and the country declared that all those things are broken.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:40 AM)
This is what the Democratic party believed and this is why they lost. The results pretty clearly say that.

Hahahhahahahhahhaa

Hillary lost this election, she couldn't even win the votes Obama got.

I really think in the end people didn't like or trust Hillary and decided the lesser of two evils was Clinton, not Trump.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:48 AM)
Hahahhahahahhahhaa

Hillary lost this election, she couldn't even win the votes Obama got.

I really think in the end people didn't like or trust Hillary and decided the lesser of two evils was Clinton, not Trump.

That would be accurate, and I wish it were true.

So after four years and s*** hasn't changed or is worse, what will the people that voted for Trump think? Blame Obama! I mean the guy touted he's a genius and can fix s*** quick, right? We should hold him to that.

Don't get me wrong Hillary would have been a disaster too, but Trump is a complete wildcard.

wow o wow this is going to be a crazy ride

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:49 AM)
By electing a candidate so full of hate.

I don't know brett but maybe he just felt like it was time to roll the dice with trump than to elect hillary. I actually believe that's might be a majority of people's sentiment not necessarily they are racist bigots but I'll tell you what, if these asshats try anything stupid, that is racist bigots, there will be blood in the streets and it won't be obama's fault.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:59 AM)
Those people wanted change so bad they reelected 85 percent of congresss.

This should be interesting but the democrats should be ready for a lot of sleepless nights, that is filibustering the crap out of bad policies.

They have two years to inflict whatever damage their going to inflict and hopefully when midterm elections come around, they will send both the house and senate blue or filled with people that won't allow bulls***. You gotta have checks and balances and this is especially true now!

Maybe the republicans will grow a pair and realize they can't just throw wrench into the cog.