2017 Music thread

BlackSox13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)
The best album I have heard in a while is "Hot Thoughts" by Spoon. Saw them live at SXSW. Second time. Guys are amazing.

slp1resizeht640-300x300.jpg

Solid album. I saw them at the Aragon back when Transference came out, would love to see them again.

Any of y'all checked out Here Lies Man?

I don't know what to make of their debut released early last month. It's truly some of the coolest s*** I've heard in a good while but the album seems kind of repetitive/lacking.

It's like a amalgam of BadBadNotGood, Filter, Sun Ra, and maybe Jimmy Smith? Really great sound coming out of LA.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ May 31, 2017 -> 12:41 AM)
Joliet-native Stephen Neal put out a new EP a couple of weeks ago. He's a Nashville artist now. This is the title track.

Yeah, I took the pills. Roger was great, but this is pure s***, no other words to describe it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
Metallica this Sunday night....I'm so pumped. Anyone else going?

I'll be there. Just got a floor seat ticket offered to me for face. Still really expensive but couldn't pass it up!

Soooooo, if anybody knows anyone that got tickets to the Royal Blood show at Lincoln Hall 8/4 the night before their Lolla show, and they're willing to sell... I refuse to go to Lolla and I'd pay a nice dollar amout to see that show.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:39 PM)
I probably haven't listened to Brand New with any sort of consistency in like 5 years....and I like them so much more now.

Brand New is f***ing awesome

Incubus "8" is really damn good. I haven't listened to much of their past three albums, but this one is closer to "Morning View" and "Make Yourself" than the past three. However, nothing they ever do will be able to top S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 05:34 PM)
Brand New is f***ing awesome

Incubus "8" is really damn good. I haven't listened to much of their past three albums, but this one is closer to "Morning View" and "Make Yourself" than the past three. However, nothing they ever do will be able to top S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Yes 8 is pretty good and not too much a stretch from their previous efforts. A Crow Left of the Murder and Light Grenades are very similar to 8, if you like it, check them out as well. If Not Now When is a little more mellow but it grows on you and is a good album too. S.C.I.E.N.C.E and Make Yourself are their two best in my opinion but I really doubt we'll ever see them go back to the style of S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Looking forward to seeing them this summer here in Indy.

New QOTSA on 8/25, can't wait, first single is pretty good too.

Upcoming summer shows: Eagles of Death Metal, Incubus, Silversun Pickups, and QOTSA(with Royal Blood)!

I'm going to Cleveland to check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for the first time. My wife got a membership as a gift so we have to go some time this year if we are going to use it. We planned it around a My Morning Jacket show.

• 3 weeks later...

Music interests are so all over the place that this thread doesn't get the play it could. Makes sense.

Anyway, the new Royal Blood album "How Did We Get So Dark" is f***ing awesome. These guys are currently carrying the "best new rock band" torch for me. Awesome jams, great vocals.

Play the first song and you'll be hooked for the rest. This is their second official album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3Rz6kF8eGqrDOEteo5YsBj

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 07:48 AM)
Music interests are so all over the place that this thread doesn't get the play it could. Makes sense.

Anyway, the new Royal Blood album "How Did We Get So Dark" is f***ing awesome. These guys are currently carrying the "best new rock band" torch for me. Awesome jams, great vocals.

Play the first song and you'll be hooked for the rest. This is their second official album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3Rz6kF8eGqrDOEteo5YsBj

They are opening for QOTSA, I am pretty sure I will be seeing them in October at the Rave in milwaukee

Yup, great band and I also will be seeing them open for QOTSA in Oct. I do like their first album a bit more right now but haven't gotten to listen to the new one enough.