President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
At least one month in we've reached a point where no one save coal miners and brett take this f***ing clown seriously.

At least the coal miner's are all getting black lung again. Maybe Brett can move near some frakking operation and drink plenty of tap water.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
At least one month in we've reached a point where no one save coal miners and brett take this ... clown seriously.

You failed remedial math, didn't you. Be brave and admit it. With his 53% approval rating, most people are coal miners if I am wrong.

hey brett what are your thoughts on the Greatest President Ever holding a national security conference with a bunch of random people including some foreign nationals in the room, and for having one of his golf club members identifying and posting photographs of the "nuclear football" guy?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 11:19 AM)
Stephen Miller’s authoritarian declaration: Trump’s national security actions ‘will not be questioned’

"Will not be questioned." That is an incredible claim to executive authority -- and one we can expect to hear plenty more about. Trump has beaten around this bush plenty, yes. But Miller just came out and said it: that the White House doesn't recognize judges' authority to review things such as his travel ban.

Miller and Bannon are scarier than Trump himself, and they obviously have Trump's ear. I mean, Miller was this/close to just calling him Supreme Leader. It's insane.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
You failed remedial math, didn't you. Be brave and admit it. With his 53% approval rating, most people are coal miners if I am wrong.

LMAO. Brett must work in the WH. His "reality" is the same.

Today, according to Gallop:

The daily tracking poll found that just 40% of Americans approve of President Trump's job as president so far, compared to 55% who say the disapprove. The negative 15-point spread is the highest recorded in the poll since Trump took office January 20.

He might have a 53% approval rating if you polled his offspring.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)

Man, you are really good at cherry picking stats. Since last Monday (Feb. 6), Real Clear Politics identified 8 polls on Trump's job approval rating. Those polls ranged from a low of 40% (Gallup from today) to a high of 52% (Rasmussen from today). And Rasmussen was the only poll to find the President's approval rating about 50%. You have to go all the way back to February 1 to find Trump at 53% (also Rasmussen - Gallup was at 43% on that same date).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)

Or 44%, the lowest of any President at this stage of their Presidency in... well, since those polls began, call it maybe modern times. Only one with more disapproval than approval too. Far less popular than Obama or Bush or any predecessor at this point in time. There is one outlier poll at 52% (Rasmussen), the rest are below half, some as low as 40% approval. The disapproval rates dwarf all other contestants at this stage.

How do you reconcile that with the idea that he's supposedly gotten so much done that the people wanted?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
hey brett what are your thoughts on the Greatest President Ever holding a national security conference with a bunch of random people including some foreign nationals in the room, and for having one of his golf club members identifying and posting photographs of the "nuclear football" guy?

I have not heard anything on the subject, i would say initially it may not be the smartest choice.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
LMAO. Brett must work in the WH. His "reality" is the same.

Today, according to Gallop:

The daily tracking poll found that just 40% of Americans approve of President Trump's job as president so far, compared to 55% who say the disapprove. The negative 15-point spread is the highest recorded in the poll since Trump took office January 20.

He might have a 53% approval rating if you polled his offspring.

Yes Gallop did such a great job at polling for President didn't they? oh wait.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
Man, you are really good at cherry picking stats. Since last Monday (Feb. 6), Real Clear Politics identified 8 polls on Trump's job approval rating. Those polls ranged from a low of 40% (Gallup from today) to a high of 52% (Rasmussen from today). And Rasmussen was the only poll to find the President's approval rating about 50%. You have to go all the way back to February 1 to find Trump at 53% (also Rasmussen - Gallup was at 43% on that same date).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

And hey look, Rasmussen was one of two polls (la) that had President Trump winning the election. Wow were they lucky on that one.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
Or 44%, the lowest of any President at this stage of their Presidency in... well, since those polls began, call it maybe modern times. Only one with more disapproval than approval too. Far less popular than Obama or Bush or any predecessor at this point in time. There is one outlier poll at 52% (Rasmussen), the rest are below half, some as low as 40% approval. The disapproval rates dwarf all other contestants at this stage.

How do you reconcile that with the idea that he's supposedly gotten so much done that the people wanted?

Yes they did such a great job at polling for President didn't they? oh wait.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:40 PM)
Yes Gallop did such a great job at polling for President didn't they? oh wait.

Gallup stopped polling the Presidential election after 2012.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
And hey look, Rasmussen was one of two polls (la) that had President Trump winning the election. Wow were they lucky on that one.

The LA Times tracking poll had Trump winning the popular vote by a wide margin, which he did not. They did not do state-by-state polling so they were wrong by a big amount on the one thing they tried to evaluate.

e: and Rasmussen called the election, both the popular vote and the EC, for Clinton.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...inal_2016_picks

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
I have not heard anything on the subject, i would say initially it may not be the smartest choice.

Lmao

Knows nothing about a national security incident that happened this weekend that every news outlet has covered

Knows presidents approval rating from one poll(but can't remember about Gallup)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Gallup stopped polling the Presidential election after 2012.

The LA Times tracking poll had Trump winning the popular vote by a wide margin, which he did not. They did not do state-by-state polling so they were wrong by a big amount on the one thing they tried to evaluate.

Also, election polls are a different animal because they make assumptions about who will actually vote. Approval polls are just asking people how they feel about something. They aren't predictive of a behavior.

Any poll that Trump isnt leading is fake news. So each week we have to tune into #Fakenews to find out which news is #RealNews and which news is #Fakenews.

You also may or may not see an infomercial about some awesome place in Palm Beach where you can watch the new "Donald Trump Show."

Honestly it would have been nice if the left hadn't started screaming about fake news during the election cycle, as it has just given Trump the easy out for any news he doesn't like. Oh, it is just fake news. The left literally simplified it enough that a Trump voter could take it and run with it in two words, and invalidate anything they don't agree with it.

There was actual "fake news" and the widespread consumption of it during the election was and is an issue. That Trumpists took what is an actual thing and changed it to be a (crappy) deflection for anything they don't like doesn't make the original concept bad.

Trump was whining about the "lying" and "unfair" media long before 'fake news' became a phrase, and the conservative media sphere as a whole has been trumpeting "DON'T TRUST THE LIBERAL MEDIA!" literally for decades. It's not the left's fault that there are a large number of Americans primed to immediately dismiss anything that doesn't bolster their own worldview.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 09:15 PM)
Honestly it would have been nice if the left hadn't started screaming about fake news during the election cycle, as it has just given Trump the easy out for any news he doesn't like. Oh, it is just fake news. The left literally simplified it enough that a Trump voter could take it and run with it in two words, and invalidate anything they don't agree with it.

"Fake news" was coined to describe news stories that were literally made up in order to generate clicks and spread nonsense. The term was appropriate. You can't blame "the left" for Donald Trump taking the phrase and using it in an entirely different way.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 09:11 PM)
You're right, the "uniformed, head in the sand" role was left vacant for a while, but Brett has some mighty big shoes to fill.

Did u read that story on yahoo front page reminding us why it's good Hillary isn't president? My head may be in the sand, but ultimately I think history will prove I was right about voting for neither. After watching XFL 30 on 30 ESPN last night I still love Jesse Ventura.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Did u read that story on yahoo front page reminding us why it's good Hillary isn't president? My head may be in the sand, but ultimately I think history will prove I was right about voting for neither. After watching XFL 30 on 30 ESPN last night I still love Jesse Ventura.

Do you have a link? I just searched yahoo and couldn't find it