President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
Yeah that's the conservative excuse going around, but it was handled particularly poorly in this case.

Like I said, replacing attorneys isn't uncommon, but there are still good and bad ways to handle things and this was not handled well.

But also, what about all of his other posts? Why is he so far behind? The ineptitude of this administration is more glaring by the day.

I've worked for many startup companies that made changes at the top prior to be acquired or sold, and it literally feels like the USA is about to be sold to IBM.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 08:26 PM)
It cant be all of them though....

Or maybe I have too much faith in humanity

The Trump voters I know don't like him at all but thanks to the two party system, it was him or a Clinton.

The news just shows the poor Midwest voters but he won thanks to millions of rich, educated men and women who chose R over D, simple as that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
The Trump voters I know don't like him at all but thanks to the two party system, it was him or a Clinton.

The news just shows the poor Midwest voters but he won thanks to millions of rich, educated men and women who chose R over D, simple as that.

I guess I'm hoping thats the case and they arent all zealots that think hes ultra successful.

I assume the elderly are going to hate him after the healthcare crap. Maybe some of the poor will realize the ol mill isnt coming back eventually.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/03...nski-ac-dnt.cnn

Jared Kushner is basically acting as de facto Secretary of State...with Tillerson out of the loop and press pool not even allowed to accompany him to China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the...m=.cd2c64f7062d

The Winning Argument Dems Have Against Trump

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
Didn't he underperform with college educated whites but drove turnout among non college whites bigly?

Clinton miscalculated by trying to peel off "moderate" "reasonable" suburban and urban Republicans for sure though.

Yes I think I heard this is the first time in history educated people voted Democrat. Could be wrong but that would make sense.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/201...-chicago-214895

The (role playing) video game trying to stanch the carnage in Chicago

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/us/muslim-fl...fire/index.html

Another attack on immigrants confused for being Muslim

The fire at the Met Mart in Port St. Lucie was quickly put out Friday morning and did not cause much damage, Mascara said. The store was closed and protected by security shutters.

According to CNN affiliate WPEC, Lloyd told investigators he tried to buy a bottle of Tropicana orange pineapple juice at the store a few days ago but was told they didn't have any. He was also upset because he assumed the store employee was Muslim, WPEC said, citing the investigative report.

Lloyd told investigators he planned to burn the building because he "was doing his part for America," WPEC said.

When deputies arrived Friday morning and found the fire, a man in front of the store put his hands behind his back and told officers to "take me away," Mascara said.

Edited by caulfield12

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/snl-wants-sell-com...-054353817.html

Wonder how long before the first defensive Trump tweet or Conway promo of how her Ivanka's real life perfume line has shot up to #1?

Wouldn't be a surprise to see this exact product start selling well here in China, since so few know what the English word complicit even means...it will sound exotic and vaguely French.

http://www.thewrap.com/snl-alec-baldwin-trump-space-aliens/

This one will get under his skin as well...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/12/opinions/snl...llah/index.html

CNN opinion piece on Complicit sketch

Edited by caulfield12

Did Clinton also have only one State Department position filled at this point...who essentially has been neutered already because other countries are learning to go to Jared Kushner instead?

Can't imagine if the Clinton's did the same with Chelsea's husband, it would an impending international catastrophe of Biblical proportions.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
It was reported in January that this was going to happen. This has now happened at least in the last five administrations. Not sure why it's a story to be in a tizzy about.

It's normal to ask for the resignations. It's abnormal to make them effective immediately rather than in 30 days or so so that the positions can be filled or in the process of being filled. These are all Senate-confirmed positions, so the new guys can't just start tomorrow.

Masseur Trump appointee who wanted to ‘exterminate’ Muslim ‘maggots’ dropped from Energy Department

A massage therapist with no apparent experience of energy policy was terminated from the Department of Energy after it was revealed that he had a habit of making racially charged social media posts about Muslims and former President Barack Obama.

After working as a paid operative for the Trump campaign in New Hampshire, Sid Bowdidge was hired as an "assistant" to Energy Secretary Rick Perry shortly after Inauguration Day, two employees at the nuclear weapons agency told BuzzFeed News on Friday.

In another tweet linking to a news story about the San Bernardino terror attack, Bowdidge called Muslims "Scum suckling maggots of the world" and proposed to "exterminate them all."

The "beachhead team" apparently includes far-right conspiracy theorists, dozens of lobbyists and former campaign staffers. Curtis Ellis, a blogger for right-wing website WorldNetDaily, was hired as a special assistant to the Labor Department secretary on Jan. 20.

Ellis, who's known for relentlessly peddling the false claim that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., once penned a column arguing that Democrats have engaged in "ethnic cleansing" of the white working class.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
It was reported in January that this was going to happen. This has now happened at least in the last five administrations. Not sure why it's a story to be in a tizzy about.

Journalists gotta eat too

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
It's from The Morning Mix, which actually is a blog on the WP.

As for the main Post, they've been going strong. One of two newspapers I'd say are safe - other being the Times.

Dont worry guys, Trump just came out and clarified that:

Trump didnt mean "wire tapping" and that he didnt mean "Obama" did it.

Hearing from Kellyanne that maybe Obama was using Trump's microwave to listen in. No word on whether Barron's large stuffed lion has been implicated.

So Kellyanne started talking about spying microwaves, when questioned she went to Obamacare. Why do networks continue to put her on the air? Just say no thanks when she is offered. She will be defeated, get fired, and may start making sense after that. She used to have the exact same questions about Trump most of us would like answered truthfully.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
I don't blame the networks for putting her on. She is most likely going to give a bat-s*** crazy soundbite that is played on repeat for the next 48 hours.

Why the Trump campaign continues to trot her out there is a whole other story.

So people are talking about her stupidity instead of anything of substance.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 04:35 PM)
If you're implying that numbers increasing means they're going strong, I'd think that's true for most outlets on both ends of the spectrum. Trump's campaign, election process and presidency has sent numbers through the roof. It's gone from general politics to a public interest.

As far as going strong in terms of being an objective news source that's debatable at best. They have released a lot of stories based on "unnamed sources" and selectively edited material that have yet to be substantiated. They have yet address these things. The WP writes that Russia coordinated with Trump to leak a bunch of stuff on Russia. That's yet to be substantiated. James Clapper says it's not true. We now know the CIA can manipulate hacks to attribute them to people that didn't do them. When speaking towards whether these reports will be substantiated, they said "time will tell." Time has passed, still haven't had the information come to light. That's a pretty huge insinuation and they don't feel the need to make good on it. But as you said, they're going strong with the numbers push that unsubstantiated story brought them.

Rabbit, I'm confused about your morality re: reporting. You are anti-anonymous leaks, but you are pro information being released via illegal means (hacking). Since even before the election, you have attacked the media for inaccurate reporting, but I haven't seen you address the pretty blatant falsehoods from the President (3-5M illegal votes in the election, Obama wiretapped the President, etc.). You jumped on the Wikileaks document dump and jumped to the conclusion that, because the CIA can manipulate hacks, therefore they must have initiated the hack of the DNC. And you haven't at any point asked why Wikileaks is only going after the Democrats and the US. It's not that Wikileaks isn't dropping real information, but it sure looks as though they are selectively deciding who gets hacked and what gets released.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)
Rabbit, I'm confused about your morality re: reporting. You are anti-anonymous leaks, but you are pro information being released via illegal means (hacking). Since even before the election, you have attacked the media for inaccurate reporting, but I haven't seen you address the pretty blatant falsehoods from the President (3-5M illegal votes in the election, Obama wiretapped the President, etc.). You jumped on the Wikileaks document dump and jumped to the conclusion that, because the CIA can manipulate hacks, therefore they must have initiated the hack of the DNC. And you haven't at any point asked why Wikileaks is only going after the Democrats and the US. It's not that Wikileaks isn't dropping real information, but it sure looks as though they are selectively deciding who gets hacked and what gets released.

If Wikileaks is anti-Democrats and pro-Republicans, I am curious why the leaks of of things like the Iraq War?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 05:19 PM)
If Wikileaks is anti-Democrats and pro-Republicans, I am curious why the leaks of of things like the Iraq War?

Six years is a long time. And six years ago, the Republican President didn't have worrying ties to Russia? If I wasn't clear, this isn't a Dem/Rep thing so much as a Russia thing.

Over the last year, Wikileaks has released hacked info on the DNC, including social security numbers of donors, and in the immediate aftermath of news re: Russia's involvement in the hacking, released info that, to me anyway, looks intended to draw the inference that the CIA is framing the Russians. Their dumps in the last year seem pretty pro-Russia (which by extension would make them pro-Trump).