President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Trump’s head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didn’t immediately comment.

It's one s***show after another.

Do I have the wiretap story correct? Trump claims it was on Fox News, after saying he read it in the NYT. Fox News also claimed the Brits were involved. When they complained, the WH backed down, agreeing they were not involved but the report despite no evidence anywhere was correct, Trump was wiretapped.

How does this end? They will never have any evidence.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
It's one s***show after another.

Do I have the wiretap story correct? Trump claims it was on Fox News, after saying he read it in the NYT. Fox News also claimed the Brits were involved. When they complained, the WH backed down, agreeing they were not involved but the report despite no evidence anywhere was correct, Trump was wiretapped.

How does this end? They will never have any evidence.

At his joint press conference with Merkel today, his response to someone asking him about the British allegations the White House leveled multiple times with zero evidence was to tell them "you should be asking Fox." He also decided to revive the diplomatic incident of Merkel being tapped under Obama's administration in order to double down on his claims that Obama wiretapped him. This isn't the first time he's used the "people tell me things and I repeat them with zero verification" excuse, either.

So how often in history have we had a situation where the propaganda outlets control the administration instead of vice versa? If we take Trump at his word hear, he's telling us that Fox News hosts know more about intelligence agencies and what they're currently doing than the President does.

Edited by StrangeSox

Tillerson plans on continuing to limit press access and information.

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/843124018450497536

. I’m not a big media press access person. I personally don’t need it. I understand it’s important to get the message of what we’re doing out, but I also think there’s only a purpose in getting the message out when there’s something to be done," Tillerson told the Independent Journal Review.

"And so we have a lot of work to do, and when we’re ready to talk about what we’re trying to do, I will be available to talk to people," he continued. "But doing daily availability, I don’t have this appetite or hunger to be that, have a lot of things, have a lot of quotes in the paper or be more visible with the media."

"The fact that the press corps is not traveling on the plane with me, I understand that there are two aspects of that. One, there’s a convenience aspect. I get it. The other is, I guess, what I’m told is that there’s this long tradition that the Secretary spends time on the plane with the press. I don’t know that I’ll do a lot of that," he said. "That’s not the way I tend to work. That’s not the way I tend to spend my time. I spend my time working on this airplane."

He also argued that some media outlets with bureaus in China would still be able to cover his trip.

Asked if this will be his policy going forward, Tillerson said, "It’s gonna be trip dependent. It doesn’t mean we won’t, but we’re gonna look at every trip in terms of what my needs are.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 18, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
Trump still does not understand how nato works and thinks that countries pay money to the US.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/...088518339612673

And since he wants to up defense spending in lieu of taking care of the sick and hungry, other countries already know there is no need to contribute more. His dick measuring exercise cost him any leverage getting other countries to contribute more.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/rex-...-reports-236214

Tillerson disputes reports of being "low energy" in South Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldvi...m=.826627604af9

Trump apparently didn't realize deadline for Germany to raise military spending to 2% of GDP was actually 2024.

But, Germans argue, they make up for this in other ways. As Merkel argued in a speech last month, mutual security goes beyond military spending. International development aid on things like hospitals and schools does as much for peace as warheads in Europe. “When we help people in their home countries to live a better life and thereby prevent crises, this is also a contribution to security,” Merkel said in Munich. “So I will not be drawn into a debate about who is more military-minded and who is less.”

She and other German leaders also point out that they’re bearing the brunt of the Syrian refugee crisis, spending 30 to 40 billion euros a year. If that was included in the tally, they say, they’d be putting more than 2 percent of their budget a year toward security. (They’re also quick to note that U.S. military interventions are one reason there are so many displaced people from the Middle East.)

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/opinions/tru...llah/index.html

Donald Trump: America's Marie Antoinette

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-approval-ra...topstories.html

Trump Gallup approval rating down to 37%, 58% disapproval (lowest ever for a new president at this early point)

President Bill Clinton hit the 37 percent rating about five months into his first term, in June 1993, and Ronald Reagan dipped below it in January 1983, about a year after he took the oath of office. It took George H.W. Bush more than three years to fall to 37 percent, which he did in June 1992. And Richard Nixon, who resigned at 24 percent, first sunk below 37 percent in the first year of his second term, in August 1973, as the Watergate scandal raged.

The lowest job approval ever recorded by Gallup was 22 percent, the public's assessment of Harry Truman's performance in February 1952, nearly 7 years into his presidency.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-arrested-str...-174013563.html

Strobe light attack via Twitter causes life-threatening seizure to former NYT anti-Trump reporter

The authorities also found an altered Wikipedia page in Rivello's iCloud account that showed a fake obituary for Eichenwald with a death date of December 16.

Eichenwald's lawyer Steven Lieberman said the use of a strobe light against a known epileptic was "no different than a bomb sent in the mail or anthrax sent in an envelope," according to The New York Times, where Eichenwald spent years as an investigative reporter.

That made the incident different from other cyberstalking cases, where the intent is to cause psychological -- not explicitly physical -- harm.

Eichenwald, 55, has some 319,000 Twitter followers. He had been critical of Trump throughout the presidential campaign last year.

When his wife found him on the floor on December 15, she first called 911, and then alerted the authorities to the message from "@jew_goldstein."

Eichenwald was incapacitated for days, lost feeling in one hand, and had trouble speaking for weeks, his lawyer told The Times.

Since the attack, Eichenwald said, 40 more accounts have sent him strobe lights messages. He has passed their information to the FBI.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Orange Twitler is having an epic twitter meltdown right before Comey speaks

Ironic CNN is fake news when he got all his false info on being wiretapped from Fox and their great ratings.

He will never let it go. He's probably never admitted he was wrong once in his life. It's really hard to believe a POTUS would say and tweet what he says and tweets. He's a 70 year old spoiled little brat. Can't wait for him to be impeached.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 09:30 AM)
Ironic CNN is fake news when he got all his false info on being wiretapped from Fox and their great ratings.

He will never let it go. He's probably never admitted he was wrong once in his life. It's really hard to believe a POTUS would say and tweet what he says and tweets. He's a 70 year old spoiled little brat. Can't wait for him to be impeached.

He is SUPER scared this morning.

"I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said during a 2016 event in Virginia.

The dishonest media must have quoted him incorrectly.

They say he watches TV about 6 hours a day. Slacker. Sad.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
Wait I though Comey was a Republican stooge trying to get Trump elected?

They've been investigating Trump's campaign ties to Russia since July, why didnt that come out in the election?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
Wait I though Comey was a Republican stooge trying to get Trump elected?

I still don't understand his Hillary emails press conference. It just doesn't fit

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
I still don't understand his Hillary emails press conference. It just doesn't fit

I said this a couple times around it dropped.

Comey's actions make more sense when you think about who he'd really be partisan to: protecting FBI.

I have no doubt what motivated him was thought that if it came out after the fact that FBI had been looking into Hillary emails in late October after saying the investigation was closed that Republicans like Chaffetz would grandstand and it would undercut the FBI's reputation and standing, it's something that would have come out in one of chaffetz 100+ clinton hearings he was planning.

But ... that's a really bad political calculation. Instead it contributed to Trump's election, who clearly does not give a s*** about protecting institution of FBI.

It was a really dumb mistake. I still think based off what he did in the DOJ scandal in bush era he is not a partisan. For the most part, it's mostly good to have an FBI director without a feeling or desire for politics. But in this case, it led to a really bad decision, because he tried to diagnose politics and play them in a dangerous way.