Lopez and Kopech Starting Tomorrow 2/28

5+6=Perfection

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins are calling out SD for the 2018 1-1 pick. SD, your response...

I think it's good Kopech takes one on the chin, it's a good learning experience. Plus it's early and as someone else pointed out, Kopech is a few years away.

Giolito, Lopez and Fulmer are the ones to watch because they will be the eventual replacements for Shields, Gonzalez and the fifth starting spot.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
If fans are this sensitive to losing a meaningless ST game like this, how wilt they tolerate a long term rebuild?

I just have the Sox logo on the webcast link. No picture or sound.

Who is sensitive? I just see some people referencing the score but no one is jumping off the ledge.

There will be plenty of people over reacting to any negative reaction Sox fans have to poor play I am sure which is equally as laughable if you ask me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 05:07 PM)
Anderson looks great so far

yeah, especially with his improved defense he has a chance...obviously the on base skills are in need of work, but if he can hit enough to keep his obp in the .330 range he definitely adds going to add value

I still think Twins are likely to improve by at least 10 games.

Also, I don't think Chris Beck will be pitching that much for our team (hopefully).

It's still really early in spring though. We just need to hope none of the pitchers get injured.

No one is ready to play yet. To take anything away from these games, good or bad, is really stretching it, except for maybe if a guy is showing some great defense. The other stuff, who cares? The pitchers aren't ready, and even if they were, they aren't throwing what they will be throwing. Hitters aren't seeing the best stuff. They are all at a different place in terms of preparation, so if they are ripping the ball, it doesn't matter. If they are looking bad, same thing.

Worry or get excited in 3 weeks, and even then it probably doesn't mean all that much until the games really matter.

when do people realistically hope to see Giolito, Fulmer and Lopez back in the bigs? it sounds like all will start in AAA....when is the ideal time for these guys to start to continue working in the big leagues, assuming things go reasonably well in AAA? I guess another way to ask the question is in August of this year, how many of those guys will be on the big league roster?

same thing can be asked for Moncada. Burdi I presume will be up at some point by the end of the year.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
when do people realistically hope to see Giolito, Fulmer and Lopez back in the bigs? it sounds like all will start in AAA....when is the ideal time for these guys to start to continue working in the big leagues, assuming things go reasonably well in AAA? I guess another way to ask the question is in August of this year, how many of those guys will be on the big league roster?

same thing can be asked for Moncada. Burdi I presume will be up at some point by the end of the year.

At the very least I want to see them stay in the minors long enough to give us the extra full year of control.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Haha can't wait for people to freak out

If people freak out about a guy who is 20 pitching in an early spring training game, they are nuts. No one expects Kopech to be even close to the big league roster at this point. If anything, I'd think people should be excited that he flashed some plus curves and obviously demonstrated that his velocity is real.