2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 06:24 PM)
Yeah, I changed it myself for self satisfaction of taking stabs at it until I'm correct, all for a message board of White Sox fans that I don't know. Funny you could look over my comments to take it for whatever it's worth but can pick it apart every which way.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

It is great they now allow you to call other posters names on this board. Let the fun begin.

I am not making a statement on you making up anything, but this is not a trade rumor. It's something that impacts a person's reputation and without it being reported, they may never have a chance to respond. The details being slightly off could be insignificant, or quite significant.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jan 22, 2018 -> 12:02 PM)
I've only said this 2 or 3 times. Stories get twisted, just a little annoyed that I'm being called out a couple of times on something that I've posted is coming from multiple sources. If you don't buy it, that's great but don't accuse people of changing stories that are given to them having openly stated that it's coming from different people.

I've seen hundreds of posts on this website making claims on trades or rumors or whatever, not once have I ever thought of accusing someone of altering a story for fun. There are plenty of reputable people on this website and that's what make it greater than any other team's message board.

When you posted this:

I moreso meant the actual story being fake, of course I don't want it to be real, I have now heard from two separate people who have nothing to do with each other that Crawford is on something, was found and picked up at a hotel and the story is now opioids (although neither said exactly what). Like I said, it's looking like it's very serious either way. I can't see why somebody would make that up and reputable people have that story.

Wife, girlfriend, baby-momma...it's all the same. A woman called it in, no need to pick the story apart. Just take it how it is.

That totally contradicts what you wrote in your first 2 posts when you said you had a source say he was on crack, and then in another post, another said he was on meth. And opioids is now on this one, even though you write neither of your sources says exactly what. If you want to share this information I don't have a problem with it, even though I probably wouldn't if I had it. Too sensitive IMO. But the contradiction is why I question you. That's all. If that means I deserve to be called names, so be it. I stand by what I posted.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 22, 2018 -> 12:27 PM)
I am not making a statement on you making up anything, but this is not a trade rumor. It's something that impacts a person's reputation and without it being reported, they may never have a chance to respond. The details being slightly off could be insignificant, or quite significant.

This. It is one thing when being wrong means slander/libel. That is very different than a false trade rumor, and can get you sued. That is a very important line in the sand, and the entire reason those two things are not equal, and won't be treated as such.

Jay Zawaski

Verified account

@JayZawaski670

2h2 hours ago

More

It's taken longer than I would like, but I can confirm @MarkLazerus's report that Corey Crawford has indeed been dealing with vertigo. The injury is legit. There is no "conspiracy" or "hiding" of some other issue.

All the other stuff should be erased from this site.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 11:29 PM)
I think it's about 75% likely Q is out at the end of the year.

But looking at "the core"....Bowman deserves no free pass for anything.

I know this team is missing the grit of Marian Hossa, but they just look like they aren't playing as hard this year. They are more sloppy and less grindy than they have been in the past. I don't know what the cause of it is, but they don't really like getting dirty anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 08:03 AM)
I know this team is missing the grit of Marian Hossa, but they just look like they aren't playing as hard this year. They are more sloppy and less grindy than they have been in the past. I don't know what the cause of it is, but they don't really like getting dirty anymore.

Not only that but Saad, Anisimov and Towes are't scoring any goals at all in the last 10-11 games. That's a lot of periods for those 3 not to be scoring.And they are sloppier than hell turning the puck over constantly. At least Schmaltz, DeBrincat and Hinestoza have picked up some of the slack. And defense has to be near the bottom in goal scoring per team. That's a big thing . A few goals from the D could open up the wingers more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside