**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If you think the media will ever give Trump praise for something other than bombing an arab country or praising Israel you've lost me. Every CIA official in the public spoke out in favor of HRC and against Trump. The media and the intelligence community crafting their agenda showed it's hand before Trump even got elected.

But why do you think this is? I can't tell if you're trying to imply that Trump is a victim. 

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You just ruin any chance of having decent discourse around here. As someone who cares about the life of the board, I have to call it like I see it. You post in here all day everyday and unless someone else comes in and talks the filibuster is essentially dormant. You condescending half the country regularly and bombastically flaunting your intolerance while claiming moral superiority really makes this board suck. 

rabbit, go back to the start of this little topic of the past page or so. I started by pointing out that, while falling short, Obama did do some meaningful CJ reforms and included some examples. I pointed out that Trump's admin was undoing them. There wasn't any name-calling or vitriol or even "lol"-style posting. Your response was to ignore that and bring up some stuff from early on in the Obama administration (that actually overlapped with the Bush admin) and then quickly devolve into accusing me of supporting cartels and MS-13 because they'll vote for Democrats.

Who really derailed any chance at a discussion there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If Obama's DOJ did something meaningful they should probably clue us in because no one's seemed to notice. It's not surprising that you are belittling the Holder's decision to arm gangs that supply the drugs and in this country and make home on our border. Whether it's the cartel or MS13 you've made it clear you're in support of them since I am assuming the assumption (and it's a safe one on your end) is that they will vote democrat in America. 

You legalize pot and decriminalize hard drugs in this country you've essentially neutered the cartels. Drugs being illegal is what drives up the profit margins on their sale and distribution. Illicit drug use is a public health issue, not a criminal one and until it is treated as such we can't really advance on the issue. Furthermore, rehab is a joke and they need to do more research into how to treat drug addiction as a medical issue. As long as it is treated as a criminal issue they can't really do clinical trials on the most effective treatments for hard drug addiction.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

One good thing the Trump admin has done is given in to Corey Gardner's pressure on stopping the federal government from cracking down on state-legalized marijuana. Gardner was going to uphold all Justice nominees, and Trump negotiated an agreement with him. Sessions definitely wanted to crack down federally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-gardner-strike-deal-on-legalized-marijuana-ending-standoff-over-justice-nominees/2018/04/13/2ac3b35a-3f3a-11e8-912d-16c9e9b37800_story.html?utm_term=.1b5e69d77c45

President Trump has promised a top Senate Republican that he will support congressional efforts to protect states that have legalized marijuana — defusing a months-long standoff between Sen. Cory Gardner and the administration over Justice Department nominees. 

In January, the Colorado Republican said he would block all DOJ nominations after Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a memo that heightened the prospect of a federal marijuana crackdown in states that had legalized the substance. Gardner’s home state made recreational marijuana legal in 2014. 

In a phone call late Wednesday, Trump told Gardner that despite the DOJ memo, the marijuana industry in Colorado will not be targeted, the senator said in a statement Friday. Satisfied, the first-term senator is now backing down from his nominee blockade. 

Gardner, who heads the campaign operation charged with hanging on to the Republicans’ Senate majority, was irate in January when Sessions revoked guidance from the Obama administration, known as the Cole memo, that had discouraged prosecutors from enforcing federal marijuana laws in states that had legalized the drug.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

I defend reality. Trump being the reason you and others have lost touch with it doesn't make me a fan of him. But please tell me more about my own opinions. I am on record of speaking out against him. I preferred him to Hillary but if I lived in a state where my vote mattered I would have gone 3rd party.

Defend Trump and defend reality? The only reality you defend when you back everything he stands for is reality TV. The only reform he wants is more non white people locked up. DNA clears you. Doesn’t matter, you’re black. Now Kim Kardashian and Trump are going to reform prisons and you are all about reality? The reality is if Obama or Hillary had she won sat down to talk prison reform with Kim Kardashian, your reaction would be just like mine is here. I will give him credit for one thing, he finally found someone to talk shop with that is more dense than him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Until people stop fighting about the past, we arent ever going to see meaningful change. Obama is long gone, why dont we focus on what the current administration can do to fix the problem.

Because realistically Trump isn’t in favor of more black people who have committed even a very small crime on the street. What has he ever said or done that would suggest he would want fewer people locked up? 

49 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If you think the media will ever give Trump praise for something other than bombing an arab country or praising Israel you've lost me. Every CIA official in the public spoke out in favor of HRC and against Trump. The media and the intelligence community crafting their agenda showed it's hand before Trump even got elected.

True. I despise Trump cause I think evidence is clear he's a selfish narcissist but the media attacks on him daily are hilarious. Like I said the other day I checked CNN on holiday weekend and the top 3 stories were all blasts of Trump and the local rag had a national column saying Trump has ruined holidays and morals of US citizens. They ain't praising Trump.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

True. I despise Trump cause I think evidence is clear he's a selfish narcissist but the media attacks on him daily are hilarious. Like I said the other day I checked CNN on holiday weekend and the top 3 stories were all blasts of Trump and the local rag had a national column saying Trump has ruined holidays and morals of US citizens. They ain't praising Trump.

Do something worthy of praise and youll receive praise. Do you get upset at all of the posters on Soxtalk who are talking bad about the White Sox this year? Shouldnt we be outraged that the Sox arent getting more positive press about how great they are?

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Because realistically Trump isn’t in favor of more black people who have committed even a very small crime on the street. What has he ever said or done that would suggest he would want fewer people locked up? 

He doesn’t. I’ll be shocked if the outcome isn’t privatizing prisons. That’s really on message for him. Locking up less black and brown people would be a 180

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Do something worthy of praise and youll receive praise. Do you get upset at all of the posters on Soxtalk who are talking bad about the White Sox this year? Shouldnt we be outraged that the Sox arent getting more positive press about how great they are?

You could be right. I can't really think of any issue he's been praised. To the media's credit, I guess, they were skeptical about NK and sure nuff the meetings got canceled. Even I was not ready to jump on that bandwagon. I don't trust NK and Trump, IMO at least, is a mean chump.

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

If Obama's DOJ did something meaningful they should probably clue us in because no one's seemed to notice. It's not surprising that you are belittling the Holder's decision to arm gangs that supply the drugs and in this country and make home on our border. Whether it's the cartel or MS13 you've made it clear you're in support of them since I am assuming the assumption (and it's a safe one on your end) is that they will vote democrat in America. 

One of the points you’ve made in this thread is that the IC is/was against Trump.

What are you basing that on, other than James Clapper constantly going after Trump in the media....which the ACTUAL intelligence community is completely against, as they believe that politicizing their work is anathema and not constructive for future funding purposes.

Rogers?

I just don’t get it.  Trump has gone out of his way to support the military/defense industrial complex.  He wants to build them more ships and nuclear weapons and give them more ways to destroy the enemy...more than they even asked for in their appropriations requests, an increase of of at least 10%.   Trump has gone out of his way to say how popular he was at his CIA speech in the weeks after he became president...and also goes out of his way to speak at the service academies, and surround himself with patriotic symbols.   That’s the typical Republican...not just Trump.

Hillary Clinton, for her part, was unlikely to ask for nearly so much money for the military...as her husband wanted to cut military spending and reinvest it into areas like education, training, infrastructure, the Internet/tech, domestic programs.

Other than cuts to the “deep state” bureaucracy of the State Department (which is most definitely not the IC), where are we getting the idea he wanted to go to war with the CIA or NSA?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/30/kim-kardashian-west-white-house-trump-prison-reform-pardons-613941

Because you just know when the Kardashians, the FREAKING KOCHS, Jared Kushner (prison reform is yet another item on his portfolio, along with streamlining the Federal government, peace in the Middle East, trade relationships with Mexico/Central and South America!!!) and Donald Trump all are aligned about prison sentencing...it's not going to work out well for the rest of the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/30/politics/donald-trump-jr-roseanne/index.html

Why is Donald Trump Jr.'s retweeting role in the Roseanne Scandal being universally overlooked?

Edited by caulfield12

14 hours ago, raBBit said:

I don't know if victim is the word I would use. It was just clear to me that Trump, as well as Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul and Gary Johnson (among others I am sure), were not the DC establishment's preferred candidates. The level of scrutiny they were subject too was far higher than the HRC/Jeb Bush types who are establishment DC frauds that the intelligence community could bank on doing exactly what they want. 

My point was more of that the intelligence community is supposed to be a nonpolitical entity. They were nearly uniform in their support of HRC over Trump. If it was Bernie Sanders vs. Jeb Bush I'd imagine they'd be in support of Bush. It's not so much partisan as it insiders vs. outsiders. Brennan, Morell, Clapper, Strzrok and other public leadership have been political actors. It's clear they wanted HRC and hated Trump. 

Trump, while offering the media plenty of material on his own, has had the IC campaign against him publicly, privately (they tried to sabotage his campaign) and they're still on the attack against him. So like I'd prefer Trump to HRC, if it's Trump against the IC, I am going to take lesser of two evils again.

I am not sure anyone is disagreeing with you. It's a matter of DC corruption that has things the way it is. If it was the American public's wishes I think we'd had legal pot and lesser sentencing (or no sentencing) for drug users/non violent criminals.

Bold - n. WThis is what I am talking about. This is delusiohen Trump was a democrat and just a real estate mogul in New York he was beloved by black people. It was once he became a GOP candidate and called Obama out that he became racist. I wonder how all the mainstream media other than Fox all got the same idea to call him racist all the time at the same time? 

Italic - I would call using Kim Kardashian crazy for either party. I don't have a dog in that fight. Trump's politics don't represent mine. He's a republican in public and a democrat in private. I am neither. The only thing I am loyal to in this scenario is drug reform and sentencing changing. If Obama used Kim K to get that done I would sing his praises. If Trump uses white nationalists or MS13 to get drug/prison reform done I'll sing his praises. I am not concerned with "my team" or the optics of my opinions. I am concerned with the people of this country and a change on this subject can have a generational effect.  

You know it's far more nuanced than that. 

Based on what he was beloved by black people? Also, Central Park 5. Here's some more of his racist history

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/

You need to quit getting your Trump information from Trump. He is a known liar, has always been. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

He also was convicted on some sort of campaign finance fraud charges a number of years back. 

e: 

e2: second thoughts on the reason for this pardon: is it like Arpaio, entirely politically motivated because D'Souza goes on TV and in print praising Trump constantly, or is it a signal that he'll pardon anyone who obstructs for Trump? Both?

Edited by StrangeSox

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

I thought Dinesh just made and produced bogus propaganda and documentary films.

You would be correct. He's now pardoning alt-right conspiracy theorists.  This one actually pled guilty because he is.

15 hours ago, raBBit said:

When Trump was a democrat and just a real estate mogul in New York he was beloved by black people. I

When he was a slumlord mistreating both black applicants and black residents he was beloved?  Ok.

• Like 1