FS: White Sox Draft Cheat Sheet (Rabbit)

NorthSideSox72

Our draft coverage at FutureSox started yesterday with a primer, which was meant to educate on the draft process and the Sox' part in it.

Now we have the Cheat Sheet from Brian (Rabbit), which looks specifically at who the White Sox might select and why. It includes mentions and descriptions for about a dozen potential first round candidates. Lots of detail here!

• Like 1

Interesting you brought up India as an underslot pick. He has helium because of the great year he is having in a very good conference,In 48 games he's hitting .382, OBP  .524 , Slg. .771  44BB/36K so he definitely fits the Sox recent draft profile.  All that being said the Sox might not mess around with an underslot pick since Jake Burger might not ever work out due to his body betraying him.  Tough though since the draft probably ends up producing later picks that end up better than earlier picks with so many of the top 10 picks not considered elite.

Will be interesting to see if India makes it into the top 10 players picked.

One of the biggest concerns is how well India will hit with a wood bat and how much of this season is a "one year anomaly"...and his ultimate position on the field.  On the plus side, ungodly stats this year and the toughest conference in baseball for his competition.

Still, the safest or surest thing for Hahn to do would be to take either Madrigal or Singer.

India's one of those guys who will help to make someone look like a genius or get someone fired.

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

One of the biggest concerns is how well India will hit with a wood bat and how much of this season is a "one year anomaly"...and his ultimate position on the field.  On the plus side, ungodly stats this year and the toughest conference in baseball for his competition.

Still, the safest or surest thing for Hahn to do would be to take either Madrigal or Singer.

India's one of those guys who will help to make someone look like a genius or get someone fired.

Why is that an India specific concern? In his 2 years in the Cape Cod League he hit above average compared to others

Excellent read. Thank you.

As far as what I learned, there's not much consensus on what players to take. It's a weak draft. Ugh ... this is why greg doesn't give a flip about the draft. After reading this, I'd take a catcher.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Excellent read. Thank you.

As far as what I learned, there's not much consensus on what players to take. It's a weak draft. Ugh ... this is why greg doesn't give a flip about the draft. After reading this, I'd take a catcher.

What about Tim Anderson?  Why not move him to catcher and then take a SS?

• Haha 1

It feels like the Sox are getting some bad luck with where their their picks fall. Last year year it felt like the draft dropped off significantly at the Sox pick (#11), which led to the underslot pick of Jake Burger. This year, as has been indicated here and elsewhere, there probably isn't a big difference between #4 and #11.

That was a great article and I thank you for the super read!