8/7 Games

DirtySox

I'm really liking Gonzo. Sox are gonna have to figure out their glute of outfielders soon. I know Hahn said in the podcast they might look at some prospect for prospect deals in the winter so it'll be interesting to see what they do. Obviously Eloy isn't going anywhere, nor is Robert probably. From Gonzalez, Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, etc. it's a good problem to have. 

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm really liking Gonzo. Sox are gonna have to figure out their glute of outfielders soon. I know Hahn said in the podcast they might look at some prospect for prospect deals in the winter so it'll be interesting to see what they do. Obviously Eloy isn't going anywhere, nor is Robert probably. From Gonzalez, Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, etc. it's a good problem to have. 

No excuse not to trade one of these guys for a 3B prospect.  What teams have organizational depth at that spot who could use an OF?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whoops, meant to say hopefully they don’t change it back as it looked like an error to me.  It was well hit though.

Gotcha. Thanks. 

On a separate note, that lineup is just awesome to follow. I think I'm higher on Gonzalez than I am Basabe, Rutherford, and Adolfo. I'm envisioning a future outfield from left to right of Eloy, Robert, Gonzalez. Although Basabe is a year younger than Gonzalez, right? And he's doing pretty well at AA. Good problem to have. 

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No excuse not to trade one of these guys for a 3B prospect.  What teams have organizational depth at that spot who could use an OF?

Orioles have some depth at 3rd. Not sure they need an OF but since they just started their rebuild they will need depth.

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There is zero reason to bank on that though.  Use our OF depth to add depth at a position of need if a fair prospect for prospect trade can be made.

Personally I'd dislike trading A-ballers for A-ballers based on positions for the same reason you don't usually draft guys early based on a position of need. I mean, I guess if a guy is completely blocked, but they've got BHam and W-S to put guys at for playing time, especially with the year Robert had. If guys continue breaking out and blowing up, someone's still likely to struggle or get hurt at some level...and if they all get to AAA and Eloy is blocking one of them, then that guy is your trade bait for big leaguers.

I'd only really do prospect for prospect with struggling guys. I'd do a prospect for prospect deal with Fulmer, change of scenery type move. If guys are succeeding, I don't want to lose them just to fill a positional hole that I might just fill in free agency 2 weeks later or the next season anyway.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I wouldn't trade anyone yet. Some of those guys will fail, unfortunately, and if you somehow have extras who earn a spot in Chicago, you could fill the DH spot and maybe even 1B.

46 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Depending on Arenado’s situation in Colorado Colton Welker would be someone I’d be interested in. 

Nick Senzel is blocked by Suarez in Cincinnati and they just drafted India. It wouldn't shock me if they traded two OFers in a 2 for 1 deal to make it fair value. It would have to be Basabe or Rutherford as the main piece, with someone like Walker or Call. They spent too much money on Robert to give him up. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nick Senzel is blocked by Suarez in Cincinnati and they just drafted India. It wouldn't shock me if they traded two OFers in a 2 for 1 deal to make it fair value. It would have to be Basabe or Rutherford as the main piece, with someone like Walker or Call. They spent too much money on Robert to give him up. 

Senzel would be a phenomenal get.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic