Jump to content
bmags

2019 Catch-All

Recommended Posts

So this screencap of a line of this book was so awesome, I literally went and bought this book because of it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long shot but does anyone work for Twitter? :)

Or have connections?

DM me

Edited by Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lunar eclipse Sunday night and the ultra cold conditions should make for pretty ideal viewing skies for just about everyone. Starts at 8:36 pm CST on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of you guys are playing Golf Clash on your phone?  And if you are playing, then why aren't you joining the best soxtalk clan out there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After two years of entering the lottery, I finally won tickets to see Hamilton in Chicago.  I have been before, but I am so freaking excited to see it again, and finally in the $500 seats (for $10 each), which I haven't done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long story short, I *just* got the rest of the money owed me from my job (i.e., the government) thanks to the shutdown. I only got half a check for the Christmas/New Year paycheck plus like 48 hours of OT and paid holidays. That was a LOT of money just kind of hanging out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Long story short, I *just* got the rest of the money owed me from my job (i.e., the government) thanks to the shutdown. I only got half a check for the Christmas/New Year paycheck plus like 48 hours of OT and paid holidays. That was a LOT of money just kind of hanging out there.

Glad to hear it finally happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/smollett-two-others-in-active.html

The Jussie Smollet story is so strange. Gets weirder and weirder by the day. First it was a grinder date gone bad. Now the whole thing was possibly staged.

Why on earth would this guy make this up (attention?) and then double down on it by going on national TV? Like he wouldn't get caught?  He better be charged for wasting CPD time and filing a false report if this story ends up being true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenksismyhero said:

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/smollett-two-others-in-active.html

The Jussie Smollet story is so strange. Gets weirder and weirder by the day. First it was a grinder date gone bad. Now the whole thing was possibly staged.

Why on earth would this guy make this up (attention?) and then double down on it by going on national TV? Like he wouldn't get caught?  He better be charged for wasting CPD time and filing a false report if this story ends up being true.

ABC7 also reporting attack was staged. He wanted to stay in the spotlight since he was being written out of the show.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stop brewing. I have a problem.

I did the Belgian white first which came out great (should've started with something easier though). Then I made a batch of pinot grigio, which was good but I didn't do a good job of separating it from the sediment so I ended up wasting about 3-4 bottles worth. Gave a bottle to each of my neighbors then got wasted trying to wait for my guests to arrive to my birthday party I was hosting. People started giving me equipment, so I made like 3 small batches of wine, some pinot noir, and some blueberry fruit wine. Now I really want to make some mead and sake but everything is sitting in the fermenters and carboys I have so I've got nothing left to use lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, you've got the homebrew bug that's for sure.  My brother does beer, mead, fruit liquors, and sake.  

Have you joined a local homebrew club or go to any of the National Homebrew conferences?  My brother loves doing that, and honestly those conferences seem like a blast as it's just non-stop drinking and they get a ton of micro-brew companies to sponsor stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, southsider2k5 said:

After two years of entering the lottery, I finally won tickets to see Hamilton in Chicago.  I have been before, but I am so freaking excited to see it again, and finally in the $500 seats (for $10 each), which I haven't done.

How is it sitting in the balcony for that show?  I was thinking about finally ponying up for some tickets.  Is it worth it to spend $150+ to sit up there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

How is it sitting in the balcony for that show?  I was thinking about finally ponying up for some tickets.  Is it worth it to spend $150+ to sit up there?

The balcony can be rough.  Don't sit on the sides or past the first few rows and you should be OK.  If you are too far back, the front of the stage can get cut out of view.  What I would do is try to find  Wednesday afternoon show if you can.

Also if you are able to go on a day's notice, download the app and enter the lottery daily.  Those tickets are only $10 and outstanding seats.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×