Jump to content
bmags

White Sox v Yankees 12:05pm Rodon Day

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly, that might be why they didn't sign Machado. If they actually keep Moncada and Robert, should they be as good as we hope, that is fine. 

That is what RH was saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

I really miss Hawk

Was not a Hawk fan but he was far more interesting than Jason dipstick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AustinIllini said:

The best part of the broadcast is Hawk not being there. 2010s Hawk was an unbearable dolt. 

This is a terrible take.  Hawk was so much more entertaining to listen to than Stone and Benetti who half the game are making really dorky lame jokes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

This is a terrible take.  Hawk was so much more entertaining to listen to than Stone and Benetti who half the game are making really dorky lame jokes.  

He was unlistenable for anyone with a 5th grade education or better. 

Thank goodness we were able to replace him with a professional broadcaster. We are so lucky to have Jason

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

He was unlistenable for anyone with a 5th grade education or better. 

Thank goodness we were able to replace him with a professional broadcaster. We are so lucky to have Jason

He’s bad.  He tries to work a comedy routine into every game.  I don’t understand how that’s professional.  If he wants to be a comedian so bad, he should take his schtick to Zanies.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

He’s bad.  He tries to work a comedy routine into every game.  If he wants to be a comedian so bad, he should take his schtick to Zanies.

He’s one of the most sought after commentators in sports. 

Move along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

He’s one of the most sought after commentators in sports. 

Move along

Haha, where is the evidence of this?  The Sox don’t pay for top talent at any level of the organization.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Haha, where is the evidence of this?  The Sox don’t pay for top talent at any level of the organization.

You mean like how he’s a multi sport commentator and recognized as one of the rising stars in the business? Or the fact that you can literally watch him do a national broadcast any time of the year?  

We are unbelievably lucky to have him. He’s quickly becoming the Gene Honda of sportscasting. 

And for the pay for top talent crap; Gene Honda is literally the best in the business and so is Steve Stone.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

You mean like how he’s a multi sport commentator and recognized as one of the rising stars in the business? Or the fact that you can literally watch him do a national broadcast any time of the year?  

We are unbelievably lucky to have him. He’s quickly becoming the Gene Honda of sportscasting. 

And for the pay for top talent crap; Gene Honda is literally the best in the business and so is Steve Stone.  

Steve Stone is a guy who couldn’t get front office job or a commentating job because he bashed the Cubs players’ effort in his final season with the team.  I’m guessing the Sox got him at a reduced rate.  Gene Honda, seriously?

Edited by Harper2Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Steve Stone is a guy who couldn’t get front office job or a commentating job because he bashed the Cubs players’ effort in his final season with the team.  I’m guessing the Sox got him at a reduced rate.  Gene Honda, seriously?

Let the record show this person does not recognize the value of Steve Stone or Gene Honda, who are both literally two of the best in the business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Haha, where is the evidence of this?  The Sox don’t pay for top talent at any level of the organization.

They had the best trainer in sports for multiple decades and have the best grounds keeper alive. 

People clamoring for Hawk and ripping Benetti are an interesting group. Benetti light years better at this point.

Edit: I forgot about Honda as well.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Steve Stone is a guy who couldn’t get front office job or a commentating job because he bashed the Cubs players’ effort in his final season with the team.  I’m guessing the Sox got him at a reduced rate.  Gene Honda, seriously?

Yes, Honda. You made a misinformed post that the Sox don't pay for top talent anywhere - citing an announcing job. He pointed out the Sox have the most acclaimed in-park voice in sports. As well as the two people I listed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People can go after the Sox for player signings all they want, but when you get into the personnel, it's a losing battle.  The Sox have always paid for the best with their product.  Hawk was GREAT in the 90s and 2000s.  He lost his way in the 2010s.  They have the best groundskeeper in the game.  They had one of the best organists in the business until she retired.  They found a lifetime White Sox fan and sportscaster phenom to be their play by play to replace an aging legend.

Edited by AustinIllini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinIllini said:

People can go after the Sox for player signings all they want, but when you get into the personnel, it's a losing battle.  The Sox have always paid for the best with their product.  Hawk was GREAT in the 90s and 2000s.  He lost his way in the 2010s.  They have the best groundskeeper in the game.  They had one of the best organists in the business until she retired.  They found a lifetime White Sox fan and sportscaster phenom to be their play by play to replace an aging legend.

Now we are talking about the organist?  Omfg.

Those roles obviously don’t pay as much money as top free agent talent, managers, or front office people.  Surprise surprise.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinIllini said:

People can go after the Sox for player signings all they want, but when you get into the personnel, it's a losing battle.  The Sox have always paid for the best with their product.  Hawk was GREAT in the 90s and 2000s.  He lost his way in the 2010s.  They have the best groundskeeper in the game.  They had one of the best organists in the business until she retired.  They found a lifetime White Sox fan and sportscaster phenom to be their play by play to replace an aging legend.

Probably the greatest organization in the history of sports. Bossard, Herm Schneider, Nancy Faust, were all leftovers from the Bill Veeck days. Would you say he was willing to pay top dollar for everything? I'm also quite sure NBCSC payroll decreased when Hawk left and Jason went full time.

And the public address? What do you really think Gene Honda gets paid? 

Edited by Dick Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×