Your 2020 Season Expectations

Richie

Your 2020 Season Expectations  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you "expect" from the 2020 Chicago White Sox?

• .500 record or better
    • "Be Competitive" Wire-to-Wire
    • Playoff berth
    • AL Central Champs
    • Get into the playoffs and advance beyond the ALDS (ALCS or WS berth)

54 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:I’m expecting the team to do well enough for people to drop the whole act about comparing this rebuild to anything  JR, KW, & RH have done in the past.  This is a whole new thing- impossible to compare to anything in the history of the Sox.  Absolutely impossible

BTW love the 1981 stuff.  I’m referring to post 2000

Larry Himes rebuild was similar, and shorter. They play a lot of bad teams so the record should be OK, but I still expect some growing pains with this team. I think if they played a balanced schedule .500 would be a good guess, but I would go better considering Detroit and KC are awful, Cleveland is having some injury concerns as their window is closing, and Minnesota is due for some regression offensively, and their pitching is suspect. Unlike previous years, even when they were all in, not everything will have to go right for a good year. If everything does, it could be like 1990 all over again, although in a different way. I think they win between 82 and 85 games.

Playoffs. I think Gio has a similar or better year this year and Cease takes the next step. Behind those two and Kopech coming up to bolster the back end of the rotation for 4 months will lead the way for the Sox to exceed expectations. 

I think we have to finish 18 above .500 or the season is a failure. I mean cmon. I know the Central Division teams always play us tough, but we have all these stars on our team. We have some of the most electric younger players in baseball in Moncada, Timmy, Madrigal and Eloy and the new RFielder I forget his name. We have EE and Abreu who are name players. We have Grandal who is one of the best choices you could have at catcher with McCann.

And we have all these young arms to go with Keuchel and Gio. Cmon. I am being nice in demanding 18 over .500. I have a feeling they are gonna have to fire RR in May, late May if we STILL are sub .500 club.

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think we have to finish 18 above .500 or the season is a failure. I mean cmon. I know the Central Division teams always play us tough, but we have all these stars on our team. We have some of the most electric younger players in baseball in Moncada, Timmy, Madrigal and Eloy and the new RFielder I forget his name. We have EE and Abreu who are name players. We have Grandal who is one of the best choices you could have at catcher with McCann.

And we have all these young arms to go with Keuchel and Gio. Cmon. I am being nice in demanding 18 over .500. I have a feeling they are gonna have to fire RR in May, late May if we STILL are sub .500 club.

Interesting that the “new RFielder” whose name you forgot made your cut of young electric players, but Robert didn’t. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 3/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

I honestly expect playoffs.  So much talent.  I really think Hahn needs to focus on upgrading the bench if he can.

Or the bullpen. If Colome fails they have to move to Bummer or Cishek fairly quickly to closer and guys like Marshall and Cordero don't inspire a high degree of confidence. I like what I see out of some of the youngsters. A Burdi comeback would be huge.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:00 PM, greg775 said:

Ooooohhh, the trap is set!  Masterful! 

The pitching could be in flux first half but the offense will salvage some of those games. Second half should see some improvement and a potential wild card push. No more bottom feeders esp. given KC and Detroit. 

On 3/8/2020 at 1:47 PM, Heads22 said:

The virus is starting to make some people wash their hands the way they always should have been in the first place.

The CDC says that only 31 percent of men and 65 percent of women wash their hands after using the bathroom

I saw a similar stat several years ago and thought it must be wrong. I drive New England to Florida several times a year. I started noticing how often a guy goes right out the door from the urinal in rest stops.  I am sure some have hand sanitizer in their car but now  I believe the numbers are accurate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=percentage+of+people+who+wash+their+hands&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS889US889&oq=percentage+of+people+who+wash+their+hands&aqs=chrome..69i57.10934j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8