Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Recommended Posts

Yankees have the tiebreaker vs. the Jays with a better ALE record.

Oakland has the tiebreaker on the Twins, but not the Sox. So if the A's win tomorrow and the Twins lose, the A's will be the 2 seed and Minny will be the 3rd if the Sox lose. In any situation where the Sox win the ALC, they will be the 2 seed and play Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah same. As good as the Yankees are, I'm just tired of playing the Twins and Indians. It's not like we've been historically bad against the Yankees in recent history.

And the Yankees are 11-18 on the road this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep. Home run hitting team that is capable of prolonged slumps. Good talent when clicking, but swings at too many bad pitches. Both teams have two starters are that dependable then it is a crap shoot. Those two pitchers on both of our teams aren't really scaring teams like the Yankees. 

The thing is that Minny hasn't won a playoff game against the Yankees for the past 15 years and they were a different kind of team until they got good recently. The Yankees just have their number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yankees have the tiebreaker vs. the Jays with a better ALE record.

Oakland has the tiebreaker on the Twins, but not the Sox. So if the A's win tomorrow and the Twins lose, the A's will be the 2 seed and Minny will be the 3rd if the Sox lose. In any situation where the Sox win the ALC, they will be the 2 seed and play Cleveland.

That would be my ideal scenario. Sox win the division and #3 seed to get the Astros at home. That’s the best possible first round matchup but unfortunately with Oakland dropping a DH today not going to happen :(

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yankees have the tiebreaker vs. the Jays with a better ALE record.

Oakland has the tiebreaker on the Twins, but not the Sox. So if the A's win tomorrow and the Twins lose, the A's will be the 2 seed and Minny will be the 3rd if the Sox lose. In any situation where the Sox win the ALC, they will be the 2 seed and play Cleveland.

That’s tough.  I want the division, but Cleveland is the team I want to face the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crochet-Foster-Marshall-Bummer-Heuer-Colome will play next week.

If the Yankees lose and Toronto wins tomorrow, they’ll be tied for the top two tiebreakers. Apparently the third is intradivisional record for the last 20 games played, which is creative I guess.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And the Yankees are 11-18 on the road this season.

I'm pretty sure they played a lot of road games when most of their team was injured and they lost 10 straight or something ridiculous like that. Their lineup looks very different now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That would be my ideal scenario. Sox win the division and #3 seed to get the Astros at home. That’s the best possible first round matchup.

That can't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cerbaho-WG said:

Crochet-Foster-Marshall-Bummer-Heuer-Colome will play next week.

If the Yankees lose and Toronto wins tomorrow, they’ll be tied for the top two tiebreakers. Apparently the third is intradivisional record for the last 20 games played, which is creative I guess.

 

I had no idea the Jays were playing the O's. They're 1 game behind the Yankees in the ALE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

That’s tough.  I want the division, but Cleveland is the team I want to face the least. 

Rather face Indians than Yankees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t give a shit who we face just want the division.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Rather face Indians than Yankees

If we face Cleveland, getting to Plesac in that last start might pay some dividends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I had no idea the Jays were playing the O's. They're 1 game behind the Yankees in the ALE.

I looked this up, and if Toronto wins tomorrow and the Yankees lose, Toronto wins the tiebreaker. Wild.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

I don’t give a shit who we face just want the division.

You're right, there's no easy matchup in any scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

If we face Cleveland, getting to Plesac in that last start might pay some dividends.

If we play Cleveland I would start DK game 1. And have Crochet ready to pitch a few innings after he leaves to mess with their swings. Game two is Gio for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cerbaho-WG said:

I looked this up, and if Toronto wins tomorrow and the Yankees lose, Toronto wins the tiebreaker. Wild.

That's pretty wild. Jays can hit but they can't pitch outside of Ryu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EE doesn't look good in any match-up, that's for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofaRoache said:

If we play Cleveland I would start DK game 1. And have Crochet ready to pitch a few innings after he leaves to mess with their swings. Game two is Gio for me. 

Gio has a history of pitching well against them. Cleveland is probably the best matchup for Gio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

 

MVP! MVP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×