2021 NFL Season Thread

5 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

I've had some suspicions about Rodgers, but you could never really tell if he was being ironic or serious.

All he had to do was say, hey I thought I might be allergic to something in the vaccine, so I tried something else.  He would have gotten shit for it, but not too much.  Going off the rails and yelling about woke mobs and getting canceled (something only 70 years olds on Facebook call everything anymore) and saying you get medical advice from Joe Rogan, that is what made him look so dumb.

I actually this whole time had just kind of assumed he was a reasonably smart guy, and I don't know where I really got that perception from, but the more he talks the more he sounds like a stereotype. His statements today sound like he's doing some kind of performance art or like a teenager wrote an AI to do an impression that uses as many boilerplate talking points it can fit into one sentence.

7 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

I've had some suspicions about Rodgers, but you could never really tell if he was being ironic or serious.

All he had to do was say, hey I thought I might be allergic to something in the vaccine, so I tried something else.  He would have gotten shit for it, but not too much.  Going off the rails and yelling about woke mobs and getting canceled (something only 70 years olds on Facebook call everything anymore) and saying you get medical advice from Joe Rogan, that is what made him look so dumb.

Oh, so you think he took a horse de-wormer too, huh?

11 hours ago, lostfan said:

I actually this whole time had just kind of assumed he was a reasonably smart guy, and I don't know where I really got that perception from, but the more he talks the more he sounds like a stereotype. His statements today sound like he's doing some kind of performance art or like a teenager wrote an AI to do an impression that uses as many boilerplate talking points it can fit into one sentence.

It's the same perception I had.  He mostly seemed like somebody who was proud about being smart and thinking about things more deeply, and he has had pretty normal views on politics when he has lightly mentioned them in the past. 

I don't know, maybe the pandemic broke his brain or maybe he has always been a libertarian type guy who gets caught up conspiracy theory stuff.

I think he is gonna be embarrassed by all this.  He can claim that people are trying to "cancel" him or whatever, but people are mostly just laughing at him.

9 hours ago, soulfly said:

Oh, so you think he took a horse de-wormer too, huh?

I'm sure he had a doctor get him the human version.  Only slightly better. 

He won't get the vaccine months before the season starts, but he will take a de-wormer in the middle of the season. 

31 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I'm sure he had a doctor get him the human version.  Only slightly better. 

He won't get the vaccine months before the season starts, but he will take a de-wormer in the middle of the season. 

The trouble with COVID is that it is so new that finding treatments is still an on-going process. Anti-vaxers grasp at straws because they fear the vaccine for various reasons. But taking home remedies or putting some weird stuff in your body doesn't make sense. In addition, all kinds of false information gets spread. Rodgers has a high profile and he really isn't helping things with his nonsense. Enough of the self-pity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, almagest said:

Green Bay scored their first touchdown with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Down 13-7. Love looks awful.

The KC offense looked just as bad. Almost. Green Bay almost completely out of sync without Rodgers. You couldn't expect a whole lot of Love. Amazing thing is Green Bay still could have won this game. More amazing, Green Bay should have won this game.

54 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

KC looks like a total mess.   Mahomes is just running for his life at all times 

Mahomes is definitely very off but some of these throws seem to be the same he's been making the past couple years except now they're actually being intercepted. I feel like he had crazy luck in years past whether it was his playmakers making great plays or defenses straight up whiffing/dropping some of his more errant throws. No doubt though the whole offense looks sluggish. I mean Love looked awful and it still could have been 13-13 had Crosby not missed those 2 FGs

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Mahomes is definitely very off but some of these throws seem to be the same he's been making the past couple years except now they're actually being intercepted. I feel like he had crazy luck in years past whether it was his playmakers making great plays or defenses straight up whiffing/dropping some of his more errant throws. No doubt though the whole offense looks sluggish. I mean Love looked awful and it still could have been 13-13 had Crosby not missed those 2 FGs

Love and ST were super awful, and If Rodgers played they would have dropped 35 on the Chiefs without breaking a sweat.  KC hasn't looked right for quite some time

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Love and ST were super awful, and If Rodgers played they would have dropped 35 on the Chiefs without breaking a sweat.  KC hasn't looked right for quite some time

No doubt, if Rodgers plays it's a blowout. I honestly believe Mahomes is just having a down year and dragging the rest of the offense down with him. It's very weird to see him struggle for the first time in his career.

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Well one of their answers to address the o-line was Kyle Long, so….

Yea when that happened I wasn't too confident in their line staying in tact all season, and I was not wrong about that.  Damn shame about Kyle long, when he was healthy he was just a mauler 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea when that happened I wasn't too confident in their line staying in tact all season, and I was not wrong about that.  Damn shame about Kyle long, when he was healthy he was just a mauler 

Agreed loved him for his first few years. Body just couldn’t handle the abuse. 

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Agreed loved him for his first few years. Body just couldn’t handle the abuse. 

It seems it was mostly when his ankle was broken, he has shown on Twitter a few times that his affected leg is still significantly smaller than the other due to atrophy.  The fact that he still came back from that and was able to play for a little while is a testament to him