How did you hear of Soxtalk?

BridgeportHeather

With all of the new people that have come here lately, I thought it would be cool to hear everyone's stories as to how they heard of Soxtalk.

In the 1998-2000 seasons, I posted at the White Sox official site (chisox.com), before it became a cookie-cutter site that was run by Major League Baseball in 2001. The site was awesome, and the message boards, run by HOST Amy (I wonder what she's up to right now), were hosted by Ignite. I'd say that the message boards were much classier than the official site's has become since the switching to the cookie-cutter sites.

Anyways, I believe it was Mario or RedPinStripes who told me about a new site coming up called Soxnet, so I decided to check it out at its origination. I really enjoyed it, so I began posting at the message board when they originated. Jason and Mario did a fine job with that site, and I can't believe how far this place has come!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the new people that have come here lately, I thought it would be cool to hear everyone's stories as to how they heard of Soxtalk.

In the 1998-2000 seasons, I posted at the White Sox official site (chisox.com), before it became a cookie-cutter site that was run by Major League Baseball in 2001.  The site was awesome, and the message boards, run by HOST Amy (I wonder what she's up to right now), were hosted by Ignite.  I'd say that the message boards were much classier than the official site's has become since the switching to the cookie-cutter sites.

Anyways, I believe it was Mario or RedPinStripes who told me about a new site coming up called Soxnet, so I decided to check it out at its origination.  I really enjoyed it, so I began posting at the message board when they originated.  Jason and Mario did a fine job with that site, and I can't believe how far this place has become!!!

I'm an original from the Cubbune Boards. While the Cubbune changed the format and tired of one of the hosts we moved along with the Cubs, Bulls, Bears and SOx boards to Worldcrossiing where i've been a faithfull. I started posting in 1999 at the cubbune. FOund this on a Internet search and another board to which i forgot my password. Been here for over a year

Mario sent me an email telling me about Soxnet. I checked it out in it's infancy and occasionally came back and just browsed. I eventually signed up and started posting. How Mario got my email address I still don't know. I was, at one point, a poster at WSI. I didn't hang there too long though. There was a certain amount of arrogance that I didn't find too appealing. I suspect, though, that Mario found me over there somehow.

I found Soxnet just googling the White Sox on the web. I went there, and I checked out the boards. I used to check out the boards occasionaly with each visit to Soxnet.net, but I never really joined. I finally decided to register last fall, and involving myself has been too fun. I spend most of my time on the computer here now.

I posted on WSI, ESPN, and the official site all before I found soxnet.net and then this board. I never posted much on these sites, but read them all the time. I can still remember SoxNet being a rivals.com website, and then not being too anymore b/c rivals became a pay website, IIRC. I know that I at least read the boards when I was in 6th grade (now I'll be a Junior) b/c the "24" in "Dasox24" came from my football number in 6th grade. I don't know why I've never changed the # in my screenname, I guess I just like it.

i pretty much heard about the board from a couple of guys who post here, mainly chisoxfan, bmags and the cheat. i'd posted with those guys on the bears boards and nfl-fans.

for whatever reason i never checked it out, but last week i was bored and came over. pretty cool outside of all the reactionary people, but you'll have that.

I heard it being made fun of on WSI (so it is true that any publicity is good publicity!). I checked it out. When I left WSI and stopped posting for a while I checked out soxnet again and saw a bunch of good posters from WSI that had moved (heads, spiff, show, among others I can't remember).

i never had been on any boards before and decided i wanted to see what the fuss was about. i did a google search for white sox message boards and found wsi. was there for like two days. someone posted something about soxtalk and i came here and read a bit then registered and have been here since. i hardly go back to wsi except to lurk once in a great while and never post there. i have like 5 posts there with the last one being in like january... :D

Mario sent me an email telling me about Soxnet.  I checked it out in it's infancy and occasionally came back and just browsed.  I eventually signed up and started posting.  How Mario got my email address I still don't know.  I was, at one point, a poster at WSI.  I didn't hang there too long though.  There was a certain amount of arrogance that I didn't find too appealing.  I suspect, though, that Mario found me over there somehow.

are you sure it was me? did you go under a different handle at the time because I don't remember.

Someone sent me an email from ESPN or chisox.com, I've forgotten which one. I wasn't on ESPN very long, I've even forgotten my screen name over there.

After posting here for a day or two, I realized this site totally sucked and had the biggest group of assholes around. So I figured, hey what's one more :lol: