vizquel

Hatchetman

RE: vizquel

The SCORE is reporting the sox are interested and so is he.

would you rather have vizquel at SS and uribe at 2B or

uribe at SS and somebody else at 2B (polanco?)

seems like every year we add more old guys.

Polanco at 2b, easily. I hope the Sox do not sign Vizquel at all unless his price is very low, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'm kinda burnt on Vizquel talk...but to answer your question.

I would prefer Polanco at second. He is younger...he is also fundamentaly sound.

I don't buy this getting told old stuff though. Omar can still play the game. He won't be the same guy we were rooting so hard against during the mid 90s, but he is still a vaccume and can lay down a bunt. I'd welcome Vizquel with open arms.

6-4-3 Double play

Vizquel-Uribe-Gload

or

Uribe-Polanco-Gload

Both are improvements.

We continue the trend of picking up off ex-Indian scrap heap.

I wouldn't mind getting him, though. He'd be the only guy on the team that could bunt.

Uribe at 2b would be a major improvement over Willie. So does this mean Crediocre will still be here?

RE: vizquel

The SCORE is reporting the sox are interested and so is he.

would you rather have vizquel at SS and uribe at 2B or

uribe at SS and somebody else at 2B (polanco?)

seems like every year we add more old guys.

Vizquel doesn't want to lead off tho. I would like Polanco. Good Ball Player small ball guy, good second hole hitter. Polanco was drafted by the sox once and didn't sign. But with Uribe It's either one and not both. Wish we could get a leadoff guy.

Would Like to see this lineup.. (Highly unlikely)

CF PIERRE

SS Vizquel

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

LF Lee

RF Rowand

3B Crede

C Davis/Burke

2B Polanco

Polanco at 2b, easily.  I hope the Sox do not sign Vizquel at all unless his price is very low, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I strongly agree. Polanco is at least a couple of years younger, and I think a better bet to stay healthy and post decent offensive numbers. I'm worried that the Sox are going to overpay for Vizquel, just to sign him quickly. Also, I think I should post on this board more often. I suggested Polanco instead of Vizquel elsewhere and the idea wasn't received well :)

I would welcome either. Polanco is much younger and I believe he can play 2nd, short, or third.  Visquel is still a vaccum at short and would fit the grinder style that Kenny and Ozzie want. Both are upgrades over Valentin.

You do not want polanco to play at short. He can if you really need him to, other than that it would be wise for him not to.

You do not want polanco to play at short. He can if you really need him to, other than that it would be wise for him not to.

Polanco would be a 2B or 3B no question if he is here. He wouldn't even be considered at SS. If we got Polanco, Uribe would be at SS. If we got Visquel, Uribe would be at 2B. if we got both, Uribe would be our super utility player.

Vizquel can give the Sox more speed than Polanco even at age 38. If Polanco hit LH, then I'd say go for him. But he doesn't. Plus, it gives Willie a chance to redeem/ prove himself at 2B.

At this point in vizquel's career they are about the same and if not the edge goes to polanco speed wise. People make out ploanco to be slow but he is pretty damn fast.

Neither.

Sorry but both hurt us defensively. (You can't tell me either are going to come anywhere near Harris's range).

Plus I honestly can't see either doing any better then Harris did this year. At least Harris's speed numbers have a shot at getting better.

We can survive with Harris in the nine hole. Lets focus on getting Jason Kendell and a solid CF/RF.

Neither.

Sorry but both hurt us defensively. (You can't tell me either are going to come anywhere near Harris's range).

Plus I honestly can't see either doing any better then Harris did this year. At least Harris's speed numbers have a shot at getting better.

We can survive with Harris in the nine hole. Lets focus on getting Jason Kendell and a solid CF/RF.

Polanco hurts us on D???? Huh!! Have you watched him play? Check out the Numbers Sheesh :bang

Neither.

Polanco's range factor was better than willie's this year. Vizquel and polanco are both head and shoulders better than willie offensively.

Your right I have no idea about the Polanco guy as i've never heard of him.

I was talking about Vizquel mostly.

Honestly in the last few years he has had one year better then Willie offensively and that was his contract year. I'm just afraid he has no more motivation to play anymore.

Jeckle, If you never heard of Polanco than why do you have an opinion. Check out Polanco's Stats. Ideal Second Hitter

http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/polanpl01.shtml

What makes everyone think Polanco is even available? And if we are able to get him, how much more would it take to get him than Vizquel. It's fine if people would rather have him, but there are circumstances to consider.

Ahhhmmmm

Cause he's a free Agent.... ;)