Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!

Last year we ended up with a total of 5 leagues, 4 daily and 1 weekly. I was thinking we could start gaging interest in leagues now, so that when they start we can smoothly transition into the season.

Here is what I am going to ask of people for the moment.

-If you played last year, list what league you were in, and if you want to stay there again- or if you want to switch to a different league. If we can keep leagues together that were around last year, we will do so for people's convience.

-If you are new, please note so.

-If you were a commish of a league last year, and wish to do so again, please let me know that as well.

Edited by southsider2k5

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball before, but I've done many a Public and Private Yahoo leagues.

Like Badger, I'd love to be in one that's head to head and have a live draft. And I don't know if this determined before hand or after the season, but a keeper league be awesome. Not a necessity, just cool.

And if you need any extra commishes or anything, I'd be glad to help.

I'm assuming Yahoo is used, right?

I didn't play in the Soxtalk leagues last year, although I am a fantasy baseball veteran. I would like to join an active head-to-head live draft league, preferrably with non-noobs. I'd also be willing to play in a keeper league, that looks like fun. I joined one a couple of years ago but we never got to the next year (bastards, I had Pujols, Thome, Michael Young,and Abreu, plus a couple of decent pitchers whose names escape me). I would be willing to be commisioner of a league on Yahoo.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I was thinking we could start gaging interest in leagues now, so that when they start we can smoothly transition into the season.

Maybe we should gauge interest, instead of gaging it. I disappeared the last time a big gaging was done around here... :unsure: :)

I'd like to be in a league. I've only done the MLB "Basic" fantasy game before, so I'd say I'm pretty new to fantasy baseball, obviously new to Soxtalk fantasy baseball.

We had about 5 leagues last year I think I recall. It looks like we could get up to 6 or 7 this year, and we could have at least 2 to 3 active day to day leagues, we had 1 last season, which was league #1. Southsider was the commish of one, and I wouldn't mind volunteering to do the other, if we could have multiple teams in different league, depending on numbers, I'm commishing to SoxTalk Alleyball League right now.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
live or auto draft...don't matter  i would like it to be head to head.  If you need a player for a head to head league i would gladly join....hell if you need a comish i'll be one of those.  Just let me know what site we'd be doing it on....i presume yahoo.

Auto draft= teh sux0rs.

QUOTE(Mathew @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Yeah I can't remember who won it last year but I know I was close at the end for sure.  I'll play again with ya's.

I think you did actually. I was in 1st for pretty much all season, thanks to me having Schmidt and Santana basically, and then the final week of playoffs I was away, and ended up losing. Blah. :angry: