10-1 Game Thread - Charlotte @ Cleveland

Heads22

VAFan just got a chubby with that Gload catch. :D

He'll start a thread that will say, "Gload should definitely be on the playoff roster" and then 10 minutes later another thread that will say "See I Told You Ozzie Screwed Gload Over" and then 10 minutes after that a thread that says "And He Just Got A Base Hit Too".

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Well the Yanks are definitely solidifying their playoff hopes.  7-2 Yanks in the 5th after an ARod bomb.

I wish they would bring us to the Sox game now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Damnit, Carl.

Well, I was hoping for two things today -- no injuries, and a good start from Garland.  Halfway there; real encouraging performance by Jon today.  Maybe one more inning then done?

I think that's the way to go.

I hope Ozzie puts the regular line-up in tomorrow, and not for the wild card race sake. The Sox are a team that can't just turn it on and off on offense, and its possible they will have both Monday and Tuesday off if Cleve/NY/Bos finish in a tie.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I hope Ozzie puts the regular line-up in tomorrow, and not for the wild card race sake. The Sox are a team that can't just turn it on and off on offense, and its possible they will have both Monday and Tuesday of if Cleve/NY/Bos finish in a tie.

I'd let each starter get two AB's, then pull 'em.

That's bittersweet for me.

Glad the Sox are winning...

But, this (potential) loss for Cleveland might be huge for us, too.

Doesn't New York win the AL East with a win today and a Cleveland loss? That will probably mean that New York plays their scrubs tomorrow, meaning Boston has a huge shot at winning.

Damn. I don't want Boston in the first round.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
That's bittersweet for me.

Glad the Sox are winning...

Doesn't New York win the AL East with a win today and a Cleveland loss?  That will probably mean that New York plays their scrubs tomorrow, meaning Boston has a huge shot at winning. 

Damn.  I don't want Boston in the first round.

all of this is too confusing to think about.

so just sit back and enjoy some quality baseball.......or turn on the MSU/UM game

I think the #1 great thing about today and yesterday's game, regardless of outcome, is that Buehrle & Garland have held a very-good Indians team to 1 ER. This is playoff atmosphere, and they are ready. That makes me very happy.

Buehrle in game 2

Garland in game 4

wooooooo!!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Honest question: Would you rather play the Angels??  To be honest, it does not matter to me either way, just want to hear your views.

Without a doubt, I'd rather face Anahiem. I just fear going up against an offense that can be as good as Boston's.

LAoA's offense isn't much better than ours. They've scored 13 more runs than we have this year. Pretty much, with that lineup, you don't let Vlad beat you. They have some other decent hitters -- Benji has had a real good year, but other than that, they're a bunch of slap hitters. Figgins, Kennedy, Erstad -- hell, Garret Anderson is having a worse year than Rowand is. It just doesn't scare me a whole lot.

Of course, they can pitch like hell, but their ace has had a pretty bad September. Lackey has been good, and Byrd has been decent, too, but I'll take Contreras/Buehrle/Garland over those three for sure.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)

Doesn't New York win the AL East with a win today and a Cleveland loss?  That will probably mean that New York plays their scrubs tomorrow, meaning Boston has a huge shot at winning. 

Damn.  I don't want Boston in the first round.

No, NY would only take the AL East if Cleveland loses tomorrow in addition to today, with Boston getting the WC. -- A win today guaranteed them nothing worse than a playoff.

Even with a loss today, Cleveland is only 1 game out of a WC, and if they were to win tomorrow.

----

Anouncers are convinced it's Buehrle/Garcia in game 1-2...:lol:

I love having the ace in the hole.