Ozzie to be on the Score today

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Yeah, let's bat Uribe 2nd......sure he's impatient and doesn't walk hardly at all.  Ahh, the first time I have to try and hold my tongue because we won it all last year.

Every other month when Uribe bats .120, this will not be a popular move. People will love it for that one month he bats .400

the whole idea behind batting uribe second in ozzies mind is to help him become more paitent and help him take better swings...

uribe... believe it or not, has good bat control.... but he does cut himself loose too often.... he can bunt, he can hit to the other way.... he just needs more disipline

ozzie is hoping that this helps

The line of thinking is that Uribe, who was among league leaders in sacrifices last year, will see better pitches batting in front of Konerko and Thome. This will also allow Iguchi to move down in the order and become more of a run producer.

I'm skeptical, but what do I know? I'll assume Ozzie & Co. know what they're doing.

Last year during Soxfest during the Q&A session with Ozzie, Kenny and Hawk, Ozzie said he was going to bat Uribe 2nd, until KW aqcuired Iguchi in January. Things change over the offseason. KW could acquire someone else to plug in the 2 hole OR things can remain the same. The only thing we know for sure is- Iguchi will be lower in the order to provide some pop and to balance the lineup.

whatever Guillen decides now, or even on April 1st, isn't set in stone for the rest of the season. Just because he says Uribe will bat second, and even if Uribe is batting second on opening day, it doesn't mean they can't change that as the season progresses.

No harm in trying.

QUOTE(Molto @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
whatever Guillen decides now, or even on April 1st, isn't set in stone for the rest of the season. Just because he says Uribe will bat second, and even if Uribe is batting second on opening day, it doesn't mean they can't change that as the season progresses.

No harm in trying.

Exactly. One of the best switches he did later in the season was putting Dye in the 3rd hole. Managers try to find the best lineup that works all the time.

another thing you have to expect out of uribe in the 2 hole is more fastballs....yes because he is in front of kong/thome... but also because pods is on first base....

with a fast base stealing threat one first a lot of pictures wont ellect to throw a lot of low and away breaking stuff - urbies most troubling pitch....

id also expect to see a lot of hit and runs

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
another thing you have to expect out of uribe in the 2 hole is more fastballs....yes because he is in front of kong/thome... but also because pods is on first base....

with a fast base stealing threat one first a lot of pictures wont ellect to throw a lot of low and away breaking stuff - urbies most troubling pitch....

id also expect to see a lot of hit and runs

I'd expect to see a lot of 2 run HRs.

Kenny Williams said in today's Chicago Tribune that Uribe's move to the second spot in the order wasn't written in stone and that they'd make adjustments if necessary.

I think it's worth a try. Uribe actually showed some decent bat control and patience in September and the post-season. Maybe batting second will help him maintain his focus at the plate.

Plus, I want to see what Iguchi can do when he's not giving himself up one or two times a game.

QUOTE(LoFiStew @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Kenny Williams said in today's Chicago Tribune that Uribe's move to the second spot in the order wasn't written in stone and that they'd make adjustments if necessary.

I think it's worth a try. Uribe actually showed some decent bat control and patience in September and the post-season. Maybe batting second will help him maintain his focus at the plate.

Plus, I want to see what Iguchi can do when he's not giving himself up one or two times a game.

Ditto! I can see Gooch hitting 30 HRs and having 25 SBs in 2006.

Well it's our job as fans to doubt the moves of the team, otherwise what fun could we have!...

Anyways, I think it's a risky move to put him there, but hell, I don't know what Uribe is going to show up--the disciplined and dangerous Uribe that we saw in late August through October, or the hacking, free-swining Juan we saw for most of 2005, and throughout his career?

I'd have to bet Juan falls somewhere in the middle, unless he really works hard to become more disciplined and take more walks while striking out less.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Well it's our job as fans to doubt the moves of the team, otherwise what fun could we have!...

Anyways, I think it's a risky move to put him there, but hell, I don't know what Uribe is going to show up--the disciplined and dangerous Uribe that we saw in late August through October, or the hacking, free-swining Juan we saw for most of 2005, and throughout his career?

I'd have to bet Juan falls somewhere in the middle, unless he really works hard to become more disciplined and take more walks while striking out less.

Kenny and Ozzie gave me my dream. A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. They could put Jeckle in the 2-hole and I wouldn't doubt them.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005