Suspensions Coming Down Friday

Kyyle23

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are suspended you are not paid. 9 games although only 1 start is 6% of their salary where one game is only 1%. Pitchers are not paid by when the pitch but as the rest of players are. In the case of Contrearas this is a difference of $400K.

Well then amend it to give them their money for 4 games, but still suspend them the # of starts they intend on the pitcher missing x5 + 4.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
You can for BP. Once the game starts, you have to leave. You can't be in the dugout or clubhouse. I'm sure you could watch the game from the stands on a ticket, though.

Actually suspended players normally go up to the press box or a suite during the games, if they stay at the stadium at all.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
he better get more than 10 games

if not i lose $10 on a bet. c'mon MLB, 11 games suspension atleast!

Bad bet.

If AJ gets suspended, of course it will be total BS. He'll just take have to appeal it and keep playing until it's heard.

As for Pods, I don't see anything happening to him. Don't you have to be ejected from the game in order for a player to get suspended? Not sure about that.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
If you are suspended you are not paid. 9 games although only 1 start is 6% of their salary where one game is only 1%. Pitchers are not paid by when the pitch but as the rest of players are. In the case of Contrearas this is a difference of $400K.

Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, players are paid their regular salaries during their suspensions. I am not sure if this holds true for steroids.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
Past behavior should be part of the equation and if that means AJ had a shorter leash, then I would be a hypocrit for disagreeing.

What has AJ ever done in the past to warrant a short leash? The guy has never had anger issues or any problems with the league office. Just because the man is an irritant to opponents does not mean he should serve a suspension for doing absolutely nothing. If you really want someone to have a short leesh you should take a look at Barrett who has had serious anger issues in the past. It's bulls*** that people continue to bring up AJ's "past" as a reason why he should serve a suspension when he's never had any issues that are relevant to this incident.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
What has AJ ever done in the past to warrant a short leash? The guy has never had anger issues or any problems with the league office. Just because the man is an irritant to opponents does not mean he should serve a suspension for doing absolutely nothing. If you really want someone to have a short leesh you should take a look at Barrett who has had serious anger issues in the past. It's bulls*** that people continue to bring up AJ's "past" as a reason why he should serve a suspension when he's never had any issues that are relevant to this incident.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

:headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
I bet she's at least 18 and it was a compliment IMO.

DAMN. I hate to drag the discussion of course, but she alone makes that picture memorable. :wub: :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)

I agree. When it comes to disapline problems the guy has a perfect record. He has never been suspended or involved in any indicdent where he initiated a fight or something like a bench clearing brawl.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)

I should have been clearer, I don't believe AJ's behavior should, but in general, I believe the league should look at history in determining suspensions. If that means any Sox player receives an extra something, I'd have to agree with it, because I damn sure would argue the reverse.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 26, 2006 -> 06:11 AM)
Lets say AJ and Anderson are both suspended... Does that mean that Stewart and Sweeney are both brought up? ...and lets say that Sweeney has like a couple of 3-3 days in that strech... Will that send BA to triple A

No call ups. Suspended players still hold the roster spots. We play short handed.

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ May 26, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
Barrett 20+

Anderson 3

Pods 1

Done

That would NEVER happen.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
Lets say AJ and Anderson are both suspended... Does that mean that Stewart and Sweeney are both brought up? ...and lets say that Sweeney has like a couple of 3-3 days in that strech... Will that send BA to triple A

He wouldn't have a lot of 3/3 days during that stretch anyway, so that doesn't matter.

Pods should not be suspended he was getting Barrett off of AJ, or at least attempting to. If you recall when Ventura went to the mound after Nolan Ryan, Ryan got no time even though he gave Robin several noogies. Obviously, I haven't seen the tape in detail, but the only White Sox player who should or could be suspended by what I saw is Anderson. I heard Joey Cora might have to sit for a while, but I never saw his involvement. I also think MLB has really dropped the ball on this, waiting 5 business days to announce penalties, which will certainly be followed by appeals. Punishments, IMO, should be handed out promptly, and if players want to appeal, with modern technology the appeal could be done in a day or two. Enough of letting these things drag on for weeks.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
Pods should not be suspended he was getting Barrett off of AJ, or at least attempting to. If you recall when Ventura went to the mound after Nolan Ryan, Ryan got no time even though he gave Robin several noogies. Obviously, I haven't seen the tape in detail, but the only White Sox player who should or could be suspended by what I saw is Anderson. I heard Joey Cora might have to sit for a while, but I never saw his involvement. I also think MLB has really dropped the ball on this, waiting 5 business days to announce penalties, which will certainly be followed by appeals. Punishments, IMO, should be handed out promptly, and if players want to appeal, with modern technology the appeal could be done in a day or two. Enough of letting these things drag on for weeks.

Scott went after Barret. Watch the tape. He will get a suspension. And Anderson will get more than 3 games. It's been 6 days - 4 days of review - not weeks.