If KW trades Lumsden, would you be pissed?

Jack Parkman

I for certain would be pissed because this guy is a good lefty with excellent stuff. I'd like to see what he has in the majors before he gets shipped out. I don't know if he will ever get there in our organization though, because of our surplus of starting pitching. Thoughts?

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
I for certain would be pissed because this guy is a good lefty with excellent stuff. I'd like to see what he has in the majors before he gets shipped out. I don't know if he will ever get there in our organization though, because of our surplus of starting pitching. Thoughts?

Since this is hypothetical, yes, I would be very pissed.

Lumsden may be the only starting pitching prospect capable of contributing within the next several years. I'd like to have SOME leverage when our current starting rotation approaches the end of their deals.

It'd be especially beneficial in situations where we're not going to have to worry about outbidding teams for starters on the market because an ingrown, cheap, left-handed power pitcher is ready to be promoted. We can only hope he continues pitching well.

I would be pissed if we traded Tyler. Out of the guys we have, he has got the best make-up. I would rather trade Haeger, Liotta and Broadway (especially now with McCulloch on board.) Lumsden is a true power pitcher who if not a starter can be a solid reliever. Mid 90's fastball, dynamic slider. From a lefty that is hard to get.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
how fast is Lumsden's fastball... I know ive heard a lot about him and everything but he was always hurt b4 and in spring training I dont remember it being that fast.

Around about 94-95 MPH IIRC.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
Around about 94-95 MPH IIRC.

In the spring training game I witnessed, he consistently pitched around 94-95. It appeared reliable.

I believe in another appearance Lumsden was sitting around 91-92, but I didn't watch enough of the game to determine whether the radar gun may have been off.

He definitely has a live arm and a relatively effortless delivery. Even with past arm troubles -- which I suppose someone could argue proves his delivery isn't very fluid -- he's probably the best we have in the minors.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
In the spring training game I witnessed, he consistently pitched around 94-95. It appeared reliable.

I believe in another appearance Lumsden was sitting around 91-92, but I didn't watch enough of the game to determine whether the radar gun may have been off.

He definitely has a live arm and a relatively effortless delivery. Even with past arm troubles -- which I suppose someone could argue proves his delivery isn't very fluid -- he's probably the best we have in the minors.

HE's very very talented with great mound presence (a confident pitcher who doesn't back down). His arm during spring was more in the low 90's but he was still getting back to 100% and still pitched good. Flashed a real nice slider but still isn't consistent with it and I think the Sox have been working on a change and possible a bit of a curve with him (not 100% on that though).

He throws a cutter or two seamer as well and gets good movement on his pitches and throws in the 91-93 range but can reach back and fire a few 94-95 and if he were pitching out of the pen I think he'd be 94-95 on a consistent basis.