letsgoarow

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PA32R @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
I agree with this. So, as someone relatively new to the board and who lives in Cali and thus can't follow Chicago news very easily, why does the majority of this board hate the Twins so much? I'm no Pats fan but I like their organization and respect what they've accomplished. Why wouldn't the same hold for the Twins?

BTW, though I'm new to the board my childhood hero was Nellie Fox and the first thing I learned to say was Louis Aparicio so I'm not new to the Sox.

Envious that they are always competitive. Notice they have no fans yet blame nobody and continue to grow talent and rob teams.

QUOTE(sweatpants @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
Because they're probably in the same division. :bang The posts that I have seen have been more about respect for them and their GM more than anything.

I don't think it's only that. The other night many were saying that, if the Sox don't make the playoffs they'd like to see ANYONE, even the Tigers (same division, obviously) rather than the Twins go all the way.

QUOTE(PA32R @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
I don't think it's only that. The other night many were saying that, if the Sox don't make the playoffs they'd like to see ANYONE, even the Tigers (same division, obviously) rather than the Twins go all the way.

Than the reasons stated by other posters before I hit the refresh button seem suitable enough.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Thats not the point. The point is that people seem to think Ozzie is one of the worst managers in the league. If other managers are doing these sorts of things, do you really think that Ozzie is still one of the worst?

Just because other managers also make bad moves doesn't make Ozzie any better of a manager. Soscia's use of Romero as a LOOGY right there wasn't a great move but it wasn't a horrible one either, Ozzie has done much worse including yesterday's game.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
Is that really Freddy pitching?

Since I can't see it with my own two eyes I'm questioning it somewhat.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm following through gameday and can't believe what I'm viewing.

It's pratically the best case scenario. Everything is clicking; starting pitcher dominating, offense dominating. Haven't seen many of these games since the All-Star break.

Although I'm not going to say this game will turn it all around, as people seemed inclined to say following every victory. What I like most about this game (so far..) is it happened following a Minnesota loss. Players had to realize what happened. There may be absolutely not correlation between a Minnesota loss and this game, but it's easier to speculate now, rather than a reversal -- down 7 runs, held scoreless.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
I am watching the game via this. Is it junkball fred or is he thowing the hard stuff.

based on his most recent starts and through five innings today, Garcia seems to be learning how to pitch, which is nice to see.