ChiSox @ Tribe 6:05 PM CDT

WilliamTell

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
Swisher needs to do something crazy, such as jump up and down in the dugout, to reenergize this team.

I know it's likely a coincidence, but this team was playing with a lot more energy with Uribe at 3b.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
I can't imagine anyone of them being put in high leverage situations, unless one of them just starts pitching out of their minds.

The one guy I am interested in is MacDougal. Not so much for this year, but for next. Mac has spent alot of time in AAA, and hopefully that was a bit of a wakeup call for him. I am a huge Mac fan, and could be a huge contributor for next season if he gets his head on straight.

Are the yahoo stats for MacDougal accurate?

4-22 w/ 2 1B, 2B, 3B, 2K

1.) GO 4-3

2.) FO 4

3.) GO 3

4.) FO 3

5.) 1B CF

6.) FO 3

7.) FO 9

8.) LO 6

9.) FO 9

10.) K

11.) FO 9

12.) FO 9

13.) 3B CF

14.) FO 2

15.) LO 4

16.) FO 3

17.) K

18.) GO 4-3

19.) 2B LF

20.) FO 8

21.) GO 6

22.) 1B LF

Right Side: 12 (9 FO/3 GO)

Centerfield: 3 (1B, 3B, FO)

Left Side: 4 (1B, 2B, LO, GO)

K/BB/1/2: 3 (2K, FO)

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
I can't imagine anyone of them being put in high leverage situations, unless one of them just starts pitching out of their minds.

The one guy I am interested in is MacDougal. Not so much for this year, but for next. Mac has spent alot of time in AAA, and hopefully that was a bit of a wakeup call for him. I am a huge Mac fan, and could be a huge contributor for next season if he gets his head on straight.

I agree... on MacDougal - I haven't seen too many Sox games on TV this year (and its been awhile since Mac has pitched with the big club)...so the question is, did his motion look as good as Hawk made it seem?

times shutout : times opponent shutout

CHW: 11:8

BOS: 7:13

MIN: 7:9

LAA: 6:9

TBR: 5:12

LAD: 9:10

PHI: 8:9

CHC: 6:7

ARZ: 5:8

NYM: 4:10

MIL: 4:9

Hmm. The Sox are the only contender in the game to be shutout more times than they've shut the opponent out this season.

It is a shame that when the Twinkies went on their big road trip we all figured it could be the end for them and in reality it has been our road trip that has been less then stellar. Tied with Minnesota now and unless this team starts to show more than it has in the last 10 days or so we could really be scratching to get into the playoffs. With the way Boston is playing I think our only chance is to win the AL Central

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
It is a shame that when the Twinkies went on their big road trip we all figured it could be the end for them and in reality it has been our road trip that has been less then stellar. Tied with Minnesota now and unless this team starts to show more than it has in the last 10 days or so we could really be scratching to get into the playoffs. With the way Boston is playing I think our only chance is to win the AL Central

Well both team had long trips and both teams sucked on them

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
This was also supposed to be the time where we pull away. But, we're tied.

You thought we would pull away when we had to go on the road to boston and cleveland? As bad as we are on the road? While they played Seattle and Oakland? We're lucky it wasn't worse as bad as we are on the road

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
You thought we would pull away when we had to go on the road to boston and cleveland? As bad as we are on the road? While they played Seattle and Oakland? We're lucky it wasn't worse as bad as we are on the road

It seemed to be the consensus that the Twins would fall apart on their long road trip, and that the Sox would be able to put some games between us.

clayton richard sucks.

cliff lee is awesome.

that's basically where this game ended up.

not to say that clayton will always be this bad, but right now he just isn't good. he has very little control of his pitches (how often tonight was he falling behind 1-0, 2-0 to hitters? even farmer mentioned it)