Carlos Quentin has a broken wrist

Steve9347

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
Any word on how severe it is? A break can be anything from a slight fracture to shattered

As someone mentioned earlier, it seems unlikely to be an extremely serious injury due to him being able to swing a bat and throw a ball for 2 weeks after it.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
There's no word yet, but if you want to be optomistic, it sounds like the X-Rays didn't pick it up and he's been trying to deal with it for a week or two, so hopefully it's just slightly fractured.

Ok, hopefully that is the case. At this point, i'm not even that upset about this year, because i'm worried about what this may do to him next year and beyond

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Frank didn't carry the team for 3/4 of a season.

Very true, but guys like Dye, Alexei, and Thome had something to do with the team's success as well. The simple truth is that Swish and maybe a BA or whomever it is that's going to get CQ's at-bats needs to produce and play top notch defense.

Edited by BaseballNick

The score said that this didn't happen from a HBP, but that Carlos did it to himself when he struck out and slammed the bat. Does anyone know when that could have happened? I wasn't able to watch the games over the weekend to remember if he did it then. If that is the reason, hopefully he can learn from it and be a little less intense next year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
I like your optimisim, and you may be right, but... this pitching staff is not as good as the 2005 one was. With Linebrink back, the bullpen may be close to as good. But the starting staff isn't, and with Danks looking tired out, its a big drop from 2005's starting 4. Also, this team doesn't have as good a defense.

Let's hope the fact that this team has a better offense (which is true, even with out TCQ) than 2005's will make up the difference.

The defense will be about as good if Uribe plays 3B and BA plays CF. The problem is that this team is designed to outslug, and those two haven't provided much offense. As for Danks, he does look tired and we're in no position to shut him down for a week or two. It'll be an interesting few weeks.

QUOTE (spiffalicious @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
The score said that this didn't happen from a HBP, but that Carlos did it to himself when he struck out and slammed the bat. Does anyone know when that could have happened? I wasn't able to watch the games over the weekend to remember if he did it then. If that is the reason, hopefully he can learn from it and be a little less intense next year.

It'd be pretty damn hard for him to injure his right wrist with a HBP.

This just... sucks.

Time for Jr. to step it up. Hopefully we can ride our horses to the playoffs... our mostly ageing, very slow, horses...

I still like our chances stacked up against the Twins though. :bringit

Whether we do anything in the playoffs though is a different story.

Is it just me, or when you hear "pin in wrist" are we talking career threatening here. I did something to my wrist bench pressing like 4 months ago, couldn't do a push up for months without the thing hurting, never got it checked out of course, but after 4 months I think it's about 90% recovered. These things just seem to take forever to get back to full strength. What a shame, guy could have had an MVP award on his mantle.