nitetrain8601

Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

This game should go over better pitching wise, but we are gonna have to draw a lot of walks on Kazmir and hope he throws many pitches. You can't get down 0-2, but I have faith in a great game from Mark, John and Gavin the next three days.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
This game should go over better pitching wise, but we are gonna have to draw a lot of walks on Kazmir and hope he throws many pitches. You can't get down 0-2, but I have faith in a great game from Mark, John and Gavin the next three days.

Agreed. Once you get down on Kazmir 0-2, he's very good and closing the door on you. Hopefully our offense is patient.

mark's got another must win game ahead of him and i'm extremely confident in him.

Season on the line right here. We've seen Mark do it before. We win this one and I don't think we come back to Tampa (or maybe I'm just praying. As the clutch artist know as Javy is lurking).

This is what Id like to see:

1. OC - SS

2. BA- CF

3. JD- RF

4. Konerko - 1B

5. Thome- DH

6. Alexei - 2B

7. AJ - C

8. Uribe - 3b

9. Swisher- LF

I hate having to put BA at the top of the line up, but I think at this point the Sox just dont have any other options besides Alexei and that could potentially mess him up.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
Griffey and Wise can't be near the lineup. In a perfect world, neither would Thome.

You think its bad having two black holes batting 2nd and 6th?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
You think its bad having two black holes batting 2nd and 6th?

No reason to be racist.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
This is what Id like to see:

1. OC - SS

2. BA- CF

3. JD- RF

4. Konerko - 1B

5. Thome- DH

6. Alexi - 2B

7. AJ - C

8. Uribe - 3b

9. Swisher- LF

I hate having to put BA at the top of the line up, but I think at this point the Sox just dont have any other options besides Alexei and that could potentially mess him up.

It's not like Alexei's lighting it up. Put him 2nd, and see if you can jump start the offense. This isn't the Tigers or Indians where you can put up runs in a hurry against their bullpen.

Remember we were down 1 nothing to the Angels in 2005 and I do recall coming back to dominate that series. I think the same thing will happen going forward in this series.

I know but it seems Alexei does better with men on base and in clutch situations.

2nd just seems like a spot where hell do a lot of free swinging and get behind in counts.

But obviously Id like him 2nd, just not sure that he has the patience yet.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
I know but it seems Alexei does better with men on base and in clutch situations.

2nd just seems like a spot where hell do a lot of free swinging and get behind in counts.

But obviously Id like him 2nd, just not sure that he has the patience yet.

He doesn't have patience in the 7th spot either. Does it matter? It's not like we'll steal against a lefty on the mound. Cabrera has like one steal in the last 2 months. We should have our best hitters getting the most at bats. Having Anderson in the 2nd spot does not equate to that.