Alex Rodriguez tested postive for steroids in 2003; Admits It

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
You're blind or naive if you actually think that's the only time he took steroids. Oh, it just so happens that he only took steroids in the timeframe in which he was on the Rangers. He's feeding you bulls*** and you're all eating it up.

I agree. I heard he was using in 2007. Serono, Cypoinate, and Anavar.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
Kalapse,

Murder is different than cheating in a sport.

The better question would be:

If you could get a perfect score on the SAT and only have a 1% chance of being caught, would you?

That's not what I was getting at. I just wanted to see where that particular poster drew the line. Looks like I won't get an answer.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
That's besides any arguable point. This discussion is about what is and isn't allowed by baseball. If something isn't allowed at the most basic levels (Federal & State Law), then of course it isn't allowed in baseball. Whether YOU think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. You can THINK the laws against marijuana are wrong, but what you think doesn't matter. The law is the law.

Well, I certainly don't follow laws I don't agree with. Do you?

I'm no interigator but if you look at the kaitie couric interview right after he lies about steroids he has a weird twitch in his mouth... you see a slight variation in that when hes doin this recent interview... I'm going with half this interview being a lie... COME ON AROD you cant even answer what effect they had on you, what an idiot, if Im gonna be taking steroids at least I want noticeable results

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
That's besides any arguable point. This discussion is about what is and isn't allowed by baseball. If something isn't allowed at the most basic levels (Federal & State Law), then of course it isn't allowed in baseball. Whether YOU think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. You can THINK the laws against marijuana are wrong, but what you think doesn't matter. The law is the law.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Well, I certainly don't follow laws I don't agree with. Do you?

From my poly sci class today... According to MLK if a law is unjust it is no law at all... everyone go out and practice civil disobedience by pulling a bong at the cell this spring durning the first pitch! HA btw this might get the attention of a certain special guest that should be there to throw out the first pitch!

How many people would inject themselves with a substance without knowing what it is? How many people would be able to know how to cycle on and off a PED over a time period of three years and also being able to choose the ones are most beneficial to your sport as well as which ones dont stay in your system very long without knowing what it is you are putting in your body.

We arent that stupid A-rod.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
entire list of names to be leaked soon.

If they're going to investigate/prosecute players for perjury, they should also investigate/prosecute the source(s) of these leaks. That's only consistent and fair.

Rangers Owner Tom Hicks:

Hicks, the owner of the Texas Rangers, paid Rodriguez $150 million to play just three seasons in Texas and then go away. The Rangers finished in last place every year and Rodriguez admitted on Monday that he was dirty every year, pretty much assuring that this was the worst investment in sports history.

Hicks made a similarly oversized personal investment in Rodriguez, befriending him and ceding to him strong influence on personnel matters. Of course, those times being what they were in baseball, those two discussed steroids, Hicks says, and Rodriguez didn't just slough off the subject. According to Hicks, Rodriguez personally assured his good friend that he would never get involved in anything like that. It was, of course, not just a lie but a dramatic lie.

"I feel personally betrayed," Hicks said on a conference call Tuesday. "I feel deceived by Alex. He assured me that he had far too much respect for his own body to ever do that to himself ... I certainly don't believe that, if he's now admitting that he started using when he came to the Texas Rangers, why should I believe that it didn't start before he came to the Texas Rangers?"

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
If they're going to investigate/prosecute players for perjury, they should also investigate/prosecute the source(s) of these leaks. That's only consistent and fair.

then they should prosecute the union. those idiots had plenty of time to destroy those confidential results and for some reason they didn't.

Oswalt would erase Rodriguez's numbers

"A-Rod's numbers shouldn't count for anything," Oswalt said in a phone interview with MLB.com. "I feel like he cheated me out of the game."

Oswalt said he feels that way about a lot of players who have been proven steroid users. He still gives former teammate Roger Clemens the benefit of the doubt, calling the allegations against him "suspicion," but if Clemens is indeed proven to have used performance-enhancing drugs, then his numbers, and all seven Cy Young Awards, need to be erased, according to Oswalt.

Oswalt also said he is bothered by the blanket of suspicion that has covered all players from his era because of the actions of those who have tested positive. Oswalt broke into the big leagues in 2001, won 19 games in 2002 and 20 in both 2004 and '05. He says he did so without the help of PEDs, and that he resents anyone who chose to cheat.

"It does bother me," Oswalt said. "Especially for the guys that went out there and did it on talent. We're always going to have a cloud on us, and that's not fair at all.

"The ones that have come out and admitted it, and are proven guilty, [their numbers] should not count. I've been cheated out of the game," Oswalt continued. "This is my ninth year, and I've done nothing to enhance my performance, other than work my butt off to get guys out. These guys [who took PEDs] have all the talent in the world. All-Star talent. And they put times two on it.

"I'm going out there with the ability God gave me. They have that ability, too, and they're putting something on top of it."

Oswalt said he considers Henry Aaron to be the all-time home run leader, despite Barry Bonds' official place at the top of the record books in that category.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
entire list of names to be leaked soon.

If it's from 2003, I seem to remember that those not taking the tests received positive results, and that the entire 2003 team refused to take the test to get random urine sampling into effect. Unless of course they are just talking about the players whose urine they actually have, in which case no one from the 2003 White Sox will be on there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
If it's from 2003, I seem to remember that those not taking the tests received positive results, and that the entire 2003 team refused to take the test to get random urine sampling into effect. Unless of course they are just talking about the players whose urine they actually have, in which case no one from the 2003 White Sox will be on there.

I thought they ended up taking the tests after the union talked to them?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
I thought they ended up taking the tests after the union talked to them?

The 03 Sox did wind up taking the tests in the end. We don't know exactly what the Union might have said to get them to take the tests, but they certainly did protest by refusing to take them, and I'm almost certain they took them in the end. It wouldn't surprise me if what the Union said to them was "Guys, we're already past the 5% mark, there's going to be testing next year, please take them so this doesn't blow up on everyone."