The "Ace" the Sox can get

YonderLaroche

Carlos Zambrano doesn't like playing for the Cubs anymore.. he is a long time Sox fan who said he wanted to pitch for the Sox.. how about Clayton Richard/Prospect for Zambrano and cash. I think this makes sense for both clubs in that the White Sox get an ace quality pitcher, who I think will benefit big time with a change of scenery, and the Cubs will free up money, gain prospects for a Peavy deal and will rid them of a player who no longer wants to be there.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
How do you know he doesn't like playing for the Cubs.. has he said that?

Looks pissed off and miserable when he pitches, not travelling with or contacting team during suspension, Lou don't know what to say/do/control Zambrano's actions... I think he needs to go.

Given how good of a batter he is, I would imagine that

1) He would want to stay in the NL

2) The Cubs would consider him even more valuable than just his pitching ability because of his ability to hit too

I don't want this clown on my team regardless. I think a lot of Sox fans agree.

I remember hearing that Z wanted to finish his career as a White Sox as he has always been a fan and likes Ozzie. That aside, there is no way the Cubs would deal him to the Sox, and I'm not sure the Sox would even want to explore that. I don't think he's miserable as a Cub. I think that is just the way the guy is. He's very emotional and flies off the handle way too much. He would be doing the same thing in a Sox uniform, I'm sure.

Why?

Because Z is a headcase and maybe broke the last straw with the Cubs.

As for the Sox, Id trade some AAAA players but no one valuable.

I think that Z would actually control himself a lot better playing for Ozzie, but I wouldnt take the risk based on his contract and his recent explosions.

It just seems that Cubs players seem to melt down more than average.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Looks pissed off and miserable when he pitches, not travelling with or contacting team during suspension, Lou don't know what to say/do/control Zambrano's actions... I think he needs to go.

You think he needs to go? That sounds like something a Cub fan would say.

He didnt catch his flight because it was his birthday the night before and he was hungover.FTR

1. Zambrano would be a legit 1 or 2 starter in the AL

2. The cubs will not give him away for AAAA scraps

3. The cubs have not soured their relationship with Zambrano, wherever you read that.. they're wrong. I'm guessing you didn't read it anywhere, it's just your opinion, which is pretty obvious

4. Cubs fans love Zambrano for the very reasons you think the Cubs would ditch him

We're not getting him anyways, but I seriously thought this thread was a troll thread