Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
If by "hot as hell" you mean, "a chest so flat that you could carve a turkey on her", then yes, I agree.

A little harsh. I'm more of an ass man anyway, but still.

Maybe not "hot as hell" but really, really cute.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
Life Is Beautiful was very good, but extremely depressing.

I really enjoyed it the first time I saw it. For some reason, it came accross as far fetched and really, really silly the second time. I've never done a 180 on a film like that.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
I really enjoyed it the first time I saw it. For some reason, it came accross as far fetched and really, really silly the second time. I've never done a 180 on a film like that.

Oh yes, it was definitely out there. I think it was meant that way to kind of show how the events unfolded in the eyes of the child (and the stories he was told by his mother and father).

Saw Bruno and holy s*** Sacha Baron Cohen took it to a whole new level. Not gonna say it was funnier than Borat but about the same. It is much more daring and bolder than Borat. There were moments where he had to honestly be scared for his life or at least his physical well-being.

It was also funny to see cult favorite Ron Paul exposed as such a homophobe.

Edited by The Bones

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 07:05 AM)

Oh come on. He handled himself better than any other straight man would have when pushed to that extreme. He called him queer in a state of rage, hardly making him homophobic.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:05 AM)
Saw Bruno and holy s*** Sacha Baron Cohen took it to a whole new level. Not gonna say it was funnier than Borat but about the same. It is much more daring and bolder than Borat. There were moments where he had to honestly be scared for his life or at least his physical well-being.

Ron Paul was exposed as a homophobe long before this movie...

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)

Oh come on. He handled himself better than any other straight man would have when pushed to that extreme. He called him queer in a state of rage, hardly making him homophobic.

I guess I should have put spoilers in case someone didn't know Ron Paul was in this. I'll do that now.

Anyways, I'm a straight male and anyone who shows that kind of rage at something so stupid as a man dropping his pants and wearing a thong has some serious issues. Just laugh it off and walk away.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
Oh yes, it was definitely out there. I think it was meant that way to kind of show how the events unfolded in the eyes of the child (and the stories he was told by his mother and father).

Do you think you'd watch it a second time? Give it a shot, tell me what you think.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)

I guess I should have put spoilers in case someone didn't know Ron Paul was in this. I'll do that now.

Anyways, I'm a straight male and anyone who shows that kind of rage at something so stupid as a man dropping his pants and wearing a thong has some serious issues. Just laugh it off and walk away.

Paul clearly knew that the fix was in. This wasn't some innocent mistake; this was a pretty malicious attempt at bringing Paul down.