2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I know I have no power, but I just like discussion of minor signings/moves we could make to maybe help our punchless offense.

So one of your suggestions is Reed Johnson? Who is next, Lew Ford?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
From who?

Seriously, how often do teams substantially overbid what fangraphs says a player is worth?

Red Sox would give him more money than that. Teams also probably will overvalue him cause they think getting him in a hitter's park will benefit him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Red Sox would give him more money than that. Teams also probably will overvalue him cause they think getting him in a hitter's park will benefit him.

Yeah, when I think of teams that totally ignore advanced stats when evaluating a player, I think of...the Red Sox?

QUOTE (MotownSox @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
The SOX just traded Adam Dunn for Miguel Cabrera - Looks like a good trade at first glance! A solid .350 hitter for a poltry .165 hitter! Any opinions???

Don't get yourself banned this soon to just registering. ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
Speaking of the Twins, they are going to look way different next year. I wonder who all is coming back for them?

Unless they make a unforeseen splash in free agency, I see a bigtime youth movement centered around Span/Mauer/Morneau(if Morneau ever recovers). I really dont know if they are going to be able to give Cuddyer what he wants, which is probably more in the year category than the money category.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Unless they make a unforeseen splash in free agency, I see a bigtime youth movement centered around Span/Mauer/Morneau(if Morneau ever recovers). I really dont know if they are going to be able to give Cuddyer what he wants, which is probably more in the year category than the money category.

Now is when that Mauer extension hurts.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)

That's just it, if we are punting on Peavy, Rios, and Dunn for 2012 as fans, how can you expect Mauer and Morneau to do anything close to their expectations?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
I'm tipping my cap to the Tigers. I still believe the Sox are more talented but they smelled blood and took control of the division. Still praying/wishing/hoping for a September collapse, of course, but not counting on it.

More talented? Because of Rios and Dunn? Put those two guys on the Tigers and see how well they would do.