White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
It's amazing this team has the record it has.

Agreed as we should be better. Aty some point after another bullpen meltdown I would think management needs to be looking at this fiasco of a pen. There have been some bad breaks with bloops and erors, but an ace relief pitcher pitchers over those htings. Here they implode. I want to believe they can get straightened out

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
You are utterly hilarious.

greg doesn't need a replacement on this board, thank you.

I'm confused. What about what I said, is wrong? Do you honestly think MT is fine, just having 'some rough luck' or something stupid like that? It is clear, he has issues, something isn't right, and when all you have to do is wait on a 95 mph fast ball down the pipe, even the A's are going to crush it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
They can have him he is worthless as a closer and NEVER should be in that situation anymore. He is an 8th inning setup guy period! Anyone who defends a guy 0-4 in saves must love losing.

100% agree, doesnt have the sack to close. Dont mind him in the 8th though.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
Crain failed too.

So did Thornton.

So keep making excuses for members of the bullpen, because it wouldn't have mattered WHO Ozzie used. :P

Crain got one guy out, and gave up one walk. That's better than we can hope for from anyone besides Santos.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
They can have him he is worthless as a closer and NEVER should be in that situation anymore. He is an 8th inning setup guy period! Anyone who defends a guy 0-4 in saves must love losing.

What makes you think he would be pitching any better in the 8th inning? He isn't locating his fastball and his slider sucks right now which means he is going to give up runs. That wouldn't change in the 8th and obviously didn't change in the 10th inning of a tie game, a scenario Matt has pitched in plenty throughout his career.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Crain got one guy out, and gave up one walk.

And could barely throw his fastball for strikes, and couldn't throw a curve anywhere near the zone... :P

Crain failed too.

So did Thornton.

So keep making excuses for members of the bullpen, because it wouldn't have mattered WHO Ozzie used. :P

Yes, because you know for a fact that had someone else been put in in the first place, things would have happened the same way, right? You go with what is most logical at the TIME, second guessing what would have been the right move at the time is foolish. Your logic is ridiculous.

So far EVERY argument I have seen from you on any subject is based entirely on assumption, which makes your opinions inept, quite frankly.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Anyone know how many games we have lead after 8 innings? I would venture to guess that our record would be about 9-3 or 10-2 had games ended after 8.

had a lead in the 9th in 11/12 games this year....at worst you should be 9-3 with that record

Reinsdorf and KW have to be PISSED PISSED PISSED that his team that should be 10-2 or 11-1 and gathering momentum and excitement for this coming weekend homestand against the Angels now has everyone wanting to give away their tickets or auctioning them off like credit default swaps in late 2008.

Crain failed too.

So did Thornton.

Yes, because you know for a fact that had someone else been put in in the first place, things would have happened the same way, right? You go with what is most logical at the TIME, second guessing what would have been the right move at the time is foolish. Your logic is ridiculous.

So far EVERY argument I have seen from you on any subject is based entirely on assumption, which makes your opinions inept, quite frankly.

In reality YOU are the one making excuses.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Anyone know how many games we have lead after 8 innings? I would venture to guess that our record would be about 9-3 or 10-2 had games ended after 8.

I do believe we're 0-4 in saves (or 4-4 in blown saves, if you're a glass-half-full of diarrhea type of person), if that answers your question

Well, this is refreshing. Greg Walker's job hasn't been mentioned more than a couple of times....other than Konerko saying he's one of the two smartest hitting coaches working in baseball today.

Yet no "fire Don Cooper" threads have appeared yet.

Maybe tomorrow, during the off day.