Gamethread: 6/26/2011, 1:10 p.m.; Nationals @ White Sox

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Have you ever seen a fall of this magnitude by a proven player over the course of one offseason in history? I know Wite's faith has to be waning by now.

Hopefully the one week benching he'll face with games at NL parks will do him well.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
If he keeps this up, Kenny will put him on the waiver wire, hoping that some in-the-running NL team that needs a LH bat for the stretch run and beyond will pick up his contract, just like Kenny did with Rios from Toronto. But 3+ years left makes it a long shot...

Everyone gets put on the waiver wire, not everyone gets claimed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Ozzie just needs to stop playing him against lefties. Hell, any confience he had after Friday night probably was negatively impacted after he struggled against the lefty yesterday.

Agree - except Dunn also needs to bat further down in the lineup against righties, until he gets his swing back.

Is anyone else tired of Hawk's constant "First Ballot HOFer Omar Vizquel" talk? It really annoys me when he talks about the guy like he's one of the all-time greats. You could compare him to Ozzie Smith, but Ozzie was a freaking wizard with the glove. He had two more GG's even while playing four less seasons. Either way, I've never seen Omar as a HOFer at all, much less a first ballot guy. Anyone agree?

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Is anyone else tired of Hawk's constant "First Ballot HOFer Omar Vizquel" talk? It really annoys me when he talks about the guy like he's one of the all-time greats. You could compare him to Ozzie Smith, but Ozzie was a freaking wizard with the glove. He had two more GG's even while playing four less seasons. Either way, I've never seen Omar as a HOFer at all, much less a first ballot guy. Anyone agree?

He's not a HOFer.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)

I've heard a lot of people say that Omar was better than Ozzie, just less flashy/showy about it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Hopefully the one week benching he'll face with games at NL parks will do him well.

We've all been pining for Viciedo over Pierre. I think it's just about time to sit Adam for a week or 10 days and let Dayan DH. Because Juan ain't goin' nowhere. I think Ozzie MIGHT sit Dunn.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
He's not a HOFer.

Once guys like Hawk start saying a guy is a first-ballot HOF-er, they're probably right...because the HOF voters are a lot of old baseball people, often like Hawk.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)

Not HOV to me at all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Once guys like Hawk start saying a guy is a first-ballot HOF-er, they're probably right...because the HOF voters are a lot of old baseball people, often like Hawk.

lol this has some truth to it.

How come big leaguers can't hit this soft tosser?

If it's so "different" facing a 60 mph fastball, s***, why don't more scouts just draft guys who lob it up there?

Adam Dunn might consider changing his weird batting stance where the bat bends behind his neck. He needs to attack the ball against this soft tosser and he's taking pitches? Be aggressive, Adam.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
He's not a HOFer.

Thank God. He's like the Jesse Orosco of hitters. There's something in his game that's kept him employed for 23 years, but that doesn't make him a HOFer.