Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
LOL, WHAT? Is that a joke? f***ing s***, I would be fine if Kenny through in Matt Thornton and any prospect not named Viciedo/Reed if it meant Brown, Singleton, AND Cosart. That's beyond video-game level trade.

i would certainly give up reed if we got those 3, not happening

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
@Ken_Rosenthal

Ken Rosenthal

Source: Braves "hot" for Quentin - and #WhiteSox love ATL's young arms. One holdup...the condition of Viciedo's thumb at AAA. Would replace Quentin for #WhiteSox. Hasn't played since Saturday.

The asking price is going up by the minute.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
@Ken_Rosenthal

Ken Rosenthal

Source: Braves "hot" for Quentin - and #WhiteSox love ATL's young arms. One holdup...the condition of Viciedo's thumb at AAA. Would replace Quentin for #WhiteSox. Hasn't played since Saturday.

You trade Q. You have to. Sox have adequate replacement in Viciedo, and can really help re-build for the future. Despite the Sox only being 3.5 games back, we are too inconsistent to make the playoffs. Atlanta has some of the best prospects in baseball.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
LOL, WHAT? Is that a joke? f***ing s***, I would be fine if Kenny through in Matt Thornton and any prospect not named Viciedo/Reed if it meant Brown, Singleton, AND Cosart. That's beyond video-game level trade.

The Phils beat writer in the article at least thinks any deal for Quentin would start with Brown, and then go up from there.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
The Phils beat writer in the article at least thinks any deal for Quentin would start with Brown, and then go up from there.

If we got Domonic Brown I'd consider this season a win off the bat. Ozzie would also love him. I'd delete my sig immediately.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
But if we ended up trading for a pitcher from the Braves we should just put Rios out there.Thats all Im saying. But Im all for a bidding war.

The good news is we have about 3 teams in on Q who have some serious young talent to trade for him. Thats a HUGE factor in deciding to move him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
+1. And we know that KW is VERY eager for some talented young pitching.

Young, talented pitching is how you win for the future. Get those good arms that are cost-controlled, and you are set up terrifically for the future.

I agree with Rock and Jenksy on this one. You have to sell high.

This. Agree 1000%. Does anyone know his splits hitting against the NL in intra league play? It is rather surprising he has fared so poorly against LH pitching in 09/10 before this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Hell, if you get a great package for CQ, then you can put Rios in RF for 2 weeks while Viciedo recovers. Let's face it...losing Quentin this year probably eliminates you from the AL Central pennant chase.

If Dayan is healthy I honestly dont think we lose much by plugging him in RF when Q gets dealt.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
If Dayan is healthy I honestly dont think we lose much by plugging him in RF when Q gets dealt.

I don't agree giving up our second best hitter in the middle of a pennant race when the offense is already as bad as it is...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Hell, if you get a great package for CQ, then you can put Rios in RF for 2 weeks while Viciedo recovers. Let's face it...losing Quentin this year probably eliminates you from the AL Central pennant chase.

The funny thing is I think if the Sox got into the playoffs, they could do damage since they play the top teams so well.

Heck, I could live with that if we get a good haul. This "All In" we were peddled just never got off the ground. Time to start thinking of the future soon. Our "All In" window is really not that great for going forward. And speaking of cost controlled good young arms apart from Humber/Floyd as locked in for next year everyone else is a question mark. We may be able to re-sign Buerhle to a home town discount this time around but Peavy is a risk every year now and Danks I expect to be gone as well. I don't see him resigning with us if we keep him until next year. At least if he rebounds and has a strong 2012 and we offer him arb he might be a Type A FA and get us 2 good picks (Worse case scenario).