ChiSox_Sonix

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.

Caught the end of that carnage.

Four game sweep by New York after losing 2 of 3 to Boston.

Nice job, losers.

What a season.

Now it's off to Minnie for the inevitable sweep.

Wow.

At least the players get paid no matter what. That'll please them as they sip their drinks on the short flight to Minnie.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
I hope the Yankees enjoyed their 4 day vacation in Chicago. At least somebody is having fun.

That had to be a nice breather for New York. Now it's back to reality for them.

They swept us as easily as they would a AAA team. Sox provided no resistance at all. I wonder if some of the Yankees even need to shower after each of those games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:54 AM)
I wanted to see him K myself. What's the point of him doing anything positive now?

Honestly, him playing well the rest of the way would go a long way to possibly salvaging his time here. Some confidence heading into next year for him and Rios would be a great thing.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:56 AM)
Lol watch Adam Dunn go on a tear when it becomes clear that the Sox are out of it. I mean he's gonna be on FIRE smashing EVERYTHING out of the park.

That would be funny if he hit a ton of homers the rest of the way as we lose, lose, lose.

Everybody will be all excited for "next year." Or maybe not. Sox fans may be gullible at times, but they are not DUMB.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Honestly, him playing well the rest of the way would go a long way to possibly salvaging his time here. Some confidence heading into next year for him and Rios would be a great thing.

I get that point of view. But I don't want to see it. If he gets hot now I might seriously start cutting myself.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 04:05 AM)
I still can't believe we didn't trade Thornton when he might have had some value.

I'm still trying to figure out how the genuises in this organization figured we'd didn't need to acquire anybody (or add Dayan) to bolster this lineup.

Right now our lineup consists of

left field - below average hitter; center field - below average hitter. right field - good hitter.

third base- below average hitter; shortstop - average hitter (this season). second base - average hitter. First base - good hitter. DH - below average hitter. C - good hitter; horrific defender.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:54 AM)
I can't decide what's more impressive: getting completely crushed in 3 out of 4 games while being swept at home, or not walking at all the whole series.
That's Walkerball for you. Just get up there and hack away.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 04:24 AM)
I heard the Dunn shot on the radio. Was it a meatball/hanger? Or did he actually just make a nice hit with some power?

It looked like the old Dunn to be honest.

He really got the meat part of the bat on it and blasted it.

I may be mistaken but I think it was below the belt. He crushed it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
It looked like the old Dunn to be honest.

He really got the meat part of the bat on it and blasted it.

I may be mistaken but I think it was below the belt. He crushed it.

Glad to hear it. I really want Dunn to turn it around. Rios.. not so much. I just want him gone.

Dunno what to say about Dunn, but would rather see Rios retire.

Fat chance of that happening.

Rios, in the end if he actually sticks around all the way into 2012 and is named opening day starter/leadoff hitter...will end up doing more damage to this franchise financially than the $38-40 million it would cost to buy him out.

Just watch.

Edited by caulfield12