Speigel vs Cowley on WSCR

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
I will flat out say it. Joe Cowardly has made me much more anti-Ozzie in recent times. I really think Ozzie is behind him, which just infuriates me.

I always thought Ozzie was going to Florida after this year. It stinks that the Sox might be losing some of the leverage they'd have to try and get some compensation for Ozzie.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
To make KW more of a sympathetic figure?

not so much sympathetic as much as someone who is trying to stay above this. It makes ozzie look like a puppet master, and cowley just spitting out whatever Ozzie says.

I have said all along that KW deserves blame for some of the action(roster additions) and inaction(callups) that has gone on this year, but this crap out of Cowley is a different level altogether.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Wait, can somone give me a run down on the story? Are you guys actually siding with Cowley or Spiegel?

Oney just tweeted: Oney Guillen

Wow just hear that matt spiegel got owned by jow cowley. What new. Skip doesnt need a mouthpiece he doesnt run from questions

Im pretty sure were all siding with Spiegel. As for Oney....go away with your Dad.

Wait, can somone give me a run down on the story? Are you guys actually siding with Cowley or Spiegel?

Wow just hear that matt spiegel got owned by jow cowley. What new. Skip doesnt need a mouthpiece he doesnt run from questions

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Cowley on Mac & Spiegs Show right now. Should be a listen. Spiegs told Cowley he's being used by Ozzie and his credibility is being ruined by reporting only one side of this tale/making himself part of the story. Tempers flaring.

and Speigel would be right

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
I will flat out say it. Joe Cowardly has made me much more anti-Ozzie in recent times. I really think Ozzie is behind him, which just infuriates me.

I'm shocked that people on Soxtalk think Spiegel won that whole argument. Not the case one bit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
At best he sounded delusional. Then when it delved down to Cowley threatening to destroy Kenny Williams personally, it really showed where he was on this.

Comedy is when Spiegel accused Cowley of "making stuff up", and when Cowley asked for a source or where he heard it, Speigel just went "ummm, it was a discussion".

Speigel is the one with zero accountability. He just blathers and acts like a hardass and can say whatever he wants.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Comedy is when Spiegel accused Cowley of "making stuff up", and when Cowley asked for a source or where he heard it, Speigel just went "ummm, it was a discussion".

Speigel is the one with zero accountability. He just blathers and acts like a hardass and can say whatever he wants.

As opposed to "my source was wrong" without giving anything on it?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
As opposed to "my source was wrong" without giving anything on it?

how many times has Cowley cried wolf over some "major move coming" and nothing happens? Two years ago he was saying that the Ozzie/KW thing was beyond repair, yet they continue to work together. I get where he's coming from when he says he makes up s***.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
This argument has been brewing all week. Props to Speigel for having the cojones to stand up to this douche. It's seems so blatantly obvious that Cowley has whored himself out to Ozzie and his family. The man has no objectivity left and shouldn't cover the team. He's an embarrassment to the suntimes and reporting as a whole.

Seriously, I never listen to sports radio and I mentioned recently that I'd never heard of Speigel, but I love this guy now.

LOL

Only a Guillen would take the exact opposite from the situation. Everyone seems to think Cowley got butt raped, to put it lightly.