Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
You may well be right that he just simply sucks and he'll never be good, but all this started back in his junior year of college.

Hell no it didnt. it started the moment he stepped on campus at Florida

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
You may well be right that he just simply sucks and he'll never be good, but all this started back in his junior year of college.

I get that the media hyped him so much so that some people love him and others don't and it has pretty much nothing to do with football on either of the extremes ends of that but I have no idea how he got drafted in the first round. How does an NFL team fall into media hype? That still amazes me. Josh McDaniels was on a whole new level of bad.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
I get that the media hyped him so much so that some people love him and others don't and it has pretty much nothing to do with football on either of the extremes ends of that but I have no idea how he got drafted in the first round. How does an NFL team fall into media hype? That still amazes me. Josh McDaniels was on a whole new level of bad.

He was on quite the ego-trip after the Matt Cassel season in New England. He parlayed that into a head coach job with full GM duties. The broncos deserve the season they are having after making such an epic bad decision

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Can't deny though that he's given Denver a ton of money and attention. Maybe that was part of it. They knew they'd be bad for a while, so why not stay in the headlines. See also the Ozzie Guillen Guide to Public Relations During a s***ty Season.

Tebow is not Elway's guy. Elway wants Tebow out there for a brief period so that the moron fans and Bible pushers can stop chanting "TEBOW" everytime poor Kyle Orton throws an incomplete pass. Hopefully everyone shuts the f*** up moving forward so the Broncos can move on with trying to actually find a QB who can throw the f***ing ball with accuracy more than 5 yards.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Can't deny though that he's given Denver a ton of money and attention. Maybe that was part of it. They knew they'd be bad for a while, so why not stay in the headlines. See also the Ozzie Guillen Guide to Public Relations During a s***ty Season.

Is Tim Tebow funny enough? I don't want a boring quarterback starting for my team.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
It's not because of Tebow himself but the fellation he receives from some of the media; "he changes your life" or articles about how he's the first nice guy to play football ever and signs autographs for middle-aged fans! (who will sell them on eBay) and how he's just so amazing!

It makes me want to throw up. Kurt Warner is super-religious but people didn't hate him for it because the media didn't portray him as a saint because of it.

This 1000x this. The fact there is outrage that someone Tebowed Tebow is hilarious.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
He's been plain bad.

We get the Chargers' broadcast here in Vegas since we don't have an NFL team and a lot of people have adopted them. Their announcers last night keep saying he is just not right.

People can point to the injuries they have had at their skill positions but I seem to remember them being a lot more beat up last year at times and yet Rivers was still lighting everyone up.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
We get the Chargers' broadcast here in Vegas since we don't have an NFL team and a lot of people have adopted them. Their announcers last night keep saying he is just not right.

People can point to the injuries they have had at their skill positions but I seem to remember them being a lot more beat up last year at times and yet Rivers was still lighting everyone up.

The Chargers had 1 game last year where Gates, Jackson, and Rivers all started, I believe.

Maybe Rivers was one of the lockout partiers.

Maybe Rivers shredded his shoulder and is playing through it, hence the loss of his pinpoint accuracy. Rivers has stayed pretty healthy throughout his career, this may be his bump in the road. Or, it could be just the exception season

Something has to be wrong with Rivers. He has been so good the last three years and now he looks like a different player.

I wonder if he has a injury, but it is something he can play with. Maybe it's bothering him mentally.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
There has to be something wrong with Rivers... his throwing motion is weird as s***.

It always was though. So unless he's injured, the weird throwing motion isn't why he's struggling (he's excelled with it for years).

Yeah Rivers has always had a bizarre throwing motion. It's never really affected him.

It's kind of unfair to blame a lost game on one player for one blown play, but literally all Rivers had to do there was not drop the snap and the game was over.

Brian Robiskie cut by the Browns today. Brad Biggs tweeted that back in 09 the Bears FO was very high on him. Different OC then, but if he was a Angelo target before maybe he will make another run at him.

Brad Biggs normally doesnt tweet Bears rumors unless there is legs to it

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Something has to be wrong with Rivers. He has been so good the last three years and now he looks like a different player.

I wonder if he has a injury, but it is something he can play with. Maybe it's bothering him mentally.

He is hurt to me after the season I look for him to admit he was hurt most of the year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Brian Robiskie cut by the Browns today. Brad Biggs tweeted that back in 09 the Bears FO was very high on him. Different OC then, but if he was a Angelo target before maybe he will make another run at him.

Brad Biggs normally doesnt tweet Bears rumors unless there is legs to it

Aren't Brian Robiskie & Dane Sanzenbacher the same person?