9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
When I watched the games and I saw players were basically completely done in terms of energy a month ago and when I looked at the schedule of the Tigers versus Sox, I knew that this was going to come down to the wire.

Its not over yet, and Im going home with the girl that brought me to the dance.

You completely sidestepped my question. So I'll reword it: At the beginning of the year did you foresee this team playing meaningful games down to the wire?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
And that's by far the biggest issue I've had with Ventura the last month. He's managing so much different than he was for the majority of the season.

But see he can build off this which I think is a pretty exciting prospect. I think it was a pretty good hire just looking at this season alone. But with experience it should hopefully get much better.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
And that's by far the biggest issue I've had with Ventura the last month. He's managing so much different than he was for the majority of the season.

He wants to win. You start to press, you start to make bad decisions because you think youre instincts are wrong.

Sometimes you are Reaganing, sometimes youre not.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)
But see he can build off this which I think is a pretty exciting prospect. I think it was a pretty good hire just looking at this season alone. But with experience it should hopefully get much better.

As I said earlier (and was saving for an end of year recap on Ventura), the fundamentals that he's brought to the team are severely underrated. I'm interested in looking at the stats for SB/CS for and against the Sox, as well as other stats. I do wonder if maybe it's time for Cooper to go elsewhere and let the manager actually manage?

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
You completely sidestepped my question. So I'll reword it: At the beginning of the year did you foresee this team playing meaningful games down to the wire?

Yes. I thought Ozzie cost the Sox about 5-10 games so all things being equal I thought the Sox would have a chance to compete.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

I agree. Thats why I dont understand the lets get rid of Robin vibe. It makes no sense.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

I think your first point is fair. But I would say, and I could very well be myopic here, that he's regressed as the season has went along. That very well could be a factor of the division race, but it's very frustrating.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:12 AM)
Yes. I thought Ozzie cost the Sox about 5-10 games so all things being equal I thought the Sox would have a chance to compete.

I agree. Thats why I dont understand the lets get rid of Robin vibe. It makes no sense.

I don't think anybody wants to get rid of Robin. We just want watchable baseball again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
As I said earlier (and was saving for an end of year recap on Ventura), the fundamentals that he's brought to the team are severely underrated. I'm interested in looking at the stats for SB/CS for and against the Sox, as well as other stats. I do wonder if maybe it's time for Cooper to go elsewhere and let the manager actually manage?

Im not sure on the last part.....thats up to management on that one. As far as Robin goes I am happy just by the fact the guy isnt causing all sorts of up roar with the media. Its been a pretty pleasant season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)

I do not want Robin gone just a little better job next year in some areas.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
I think your first point is fair. But I would say, and I could very well be myopic here, that he's regressed as the season has went along. That very well could be a factor of the division race, but it's very frustrating.

Well the point is that I am willing to give him the time to improve or regress. I have no loyalties towards a manager. But I am willing to give him the time to show how he can help or potentially hurt this ball club.

Edited by Baron