9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
Im always optimistic when it comes to the teams I support. There is no logic in pessimism over something I cant control.

I get paid to be pessimistic, so optimism is fun.

I think we're all optimistic here (I swear), but you're clearly much more than I am. I was hoping for .500 baseball and no silly drama.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
I figured he would get better as the season went along. Not to regress and to regress at this point in the season.

I think a huge confounding factor here is the fact that players aren't doing as well. It makes every decision less likely to work out while simultaneously making each decision a higher leverage one.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Well the point is that I am willing to give him the time to improve or regress. I have no loyalties towards a manager. But I am willing to give him the time to show how he can help or potentially hurt this ball club.

Great post.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
I think a huge confounding factor here is the fact that players aren't doing as well. It makes every decision less likely to work out while simultaneously making each decision a higher leverage one.

Well not moving Rios into the 3 hole or Youk who has struggled for a month out of the 2 hole. Yet scraps off the bench can come and occupy these roles because of some mythical set in stone lineup. 3B must bat Second... I mean thats insane. Carl Everett ran out of gas in sept and was moved out with Dye going in there and it sparked the offense a bit.

Leveraging guys in a pennant race for starts that were independent league players. Leveraging your worst bullpen guys at the end of a game because you are holding out your key players for a later AB.