White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 04:48 AM)
I read where Philly talked about trading Dominic Brown for Alfonso Soriano. I'd take Brown on the Sox. I've been saying Brown +, for Rios.

I have been following closely and have literally never seen anything anywhere that said the Phillies would consider trading Dominic Brown for Alfonso Soriano.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
With the report the Yankees have resigned Ichiro (MLBTraderumors), they now have 3 LH outfielders in Ichiro, Gardiner and Granderson. If we're "signing up," for a strategy...I'd like to see Granderson and some salary relief for De Aza. To me, Granderson is a complete player. He's hit for average and power and is a very good center fielder. Last season's average was down because he was a middle-of-the-order guy. Put him in CF flanked by Rios and Viciedo and bat him first.

All this, and he's a stellar human being, too...and from Chicago. Several years ago, the winter after he had his September (maybe a little more) cup of coffee with the Tigers, he was a coach at a baseball camp for kids in Libertyville. He took time for each kid, smiled, signed autographs and answered everyone's questions. He came across as totally genuine. I'd love for him to have some very good years with the White Sox.

If the Yankees problem is that their OF is too LH heavy...doesn't getting De Aza...not help?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
If the Yankees problem is that their OF is too LH heavy...doesn't getting De Aza...not help?

Yep...brain cramp...Rios/Granderson one-up? Though I think your tidbit of information blows up my idea. Ah well...that's why I so rarely post.

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Since Hannahan was rumored here for a while I felt this fit in here...bump if needed.

It's almost official!

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors

Reds To Sign Jack Hannahan http://bit.ly/SbDK5r #mlb

REJOICE SOXTALK!

I don't mind Hannahan...I don't like him either. This signing/non-signing gives me the ultimate "meh" feeling.